Periactin 4mg Anti-Histamine Tablets (30 Tablets)
- Relieves Common Allergy Symptoms
- Active Ingredient: Cyproheptadine
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
PERIACTIN is used to relieve the symptoms of allergy, such as hayfever, runny nose, sneezing, and itchy and watery eyes. It also relieves the itchiness associated with some skin problems, such as rash, hives, dermatitis, eczema, mild reactions to insect bites, and chickenpox.
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 - 4||5 - 6|
Buy Periactin Tablets Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Periactin Tablets Online. To Buy Periactin Tablets UK Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Periactin Tablets UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Periactin Tablets Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Periactin Tablets contain a medicine called cyproheptadine. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘antihistamines’. In some illnesses too much ‘histamine’ and ‘serotonin’ are produced in the body. These occur naturally in your body. Periactin Tablets help by stopping the unwanted effects of histamine and serotonin.
Periactin Tablets are used for:
- Skin allergies with itchiness, swelling, or red skin, eczema or nettle rash
- Itchiness of chicken pox and reactions to insect bites and stings
- Sneezing, watery eyes and blocked or runt nose caused by an allergy
- Conjunctivitis caused by an allergy- with red, watery, inflamed eyes
- Migraine and other similar headaches
Periactin Tablets For Appetite
Periactin Tablets for appetite are the most commonly used medicine used to increase appetite ion children who have feeding difficulties. Food refusal, volume limiting, grazing, and poor weight gain are all signs of a decreased appetite.
As a first generation antihistamine it’s typically used to treat allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes/nose, sneezing, hives, and itching.
So why exactly is Periactin tablets for appetite so often used? It’s been clinically observed that some children will see improved appetite and desire to eat when taking cyproheptadine. Some children have shown doubling their intake, asking for food for the first time, and eventually transitioning into more of a feeding routine.
Ultimately using Periactin tablet for appetite will be up to your medical provider to decide whether your child is ready for an appetite stimulant.
Periactin Tablets For Weight Gain
Periactin tablets for weight gain are generally used to help children and adults gain weight. Patients suffering from loss of appetite and who are underweight will typically benefit from using Periactin tablets.
When Periactin was compared to a placebo for effectiveness in producing appetite stimulation and weight gain, increase in weight was significantly greater statistically in those who were given cyproheptadine.
If you’re concerned about your weight or have had a decrease in appetite, speak to your doctor before taking Periactin tablets for weight gain. Appetite loss and being unable to gain weight could be because of an underlying condition.
Periactin 4mg Tablet
Do not take Periactin 4mg Tablet if any of the below applies to you. If you’re not sure talk to a doctor or pharmacist before taking Periactin.
Don’t take Periactin if you:
- Are allergic to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of Periactin listed in the patient information leaflet.
- Are taking a type of medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) for depression, such as meclobemide, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, linezolid or pargyline.
- Have a narrowing of the opening of the stomach.
- Suffer from an eye problem called ‘glaucoma’.
- Are being treated for an asthmatic attack.
- Are elderly and not very mobile.
- Have problems passing urine.
- Have a stomach ulcer.
Always take special care when taking Periactin 4mg Tablet if you:
- Have ever been told that you have high pressure inside your eye.
- Have an over-active thyroid gland.
- Have high blood pressure.
- Suffer from heart problems.
- Have asthma.
Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets
Before using Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets please tell your doctor to pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicine, including medicines obtained without a prescription. This includes herbal medicines. Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets can affect the way other medications work and interact with one another.
It’s also important to tell your doctor if you take any of the follow:
- Sleeping pills – temazepam, nitrazepam, zopiclone, zaleplon or zolpidem
- Medications for anxiety – diazepam, alprazolam, chlordiazepoxide, clorazepate
- Medications for depression – fluoxetine, paroxetine, amitriptyline or imipramine
- Medications that make you fell sleepy – sedatives or tranquillisers
Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets contain lactose, which is a type of sugar. If you’ve been told you cannot tolerate or digest some sugars, talk to your doctor before using Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets.
Periactin 4mg Tablets 100
Periactin 4mg Tablets 100 can also be used for the treatment of Cushing’s syndrome. This is a disorder that occurs when the body makes too much of the hormone cortisol over a long period of time. It can also be used to treat certain types of headaches such as migraine.
Using Periactin 4mg Tablets 100 for other conditions may require a prescription from your doctor.
Periactin Tablets UK
The active substance in Periactin Tablets UK is cyproheptadine hydrochloride. Each Periactin tablet contains 4 mg anhydrous cyproheptadine hydrochloride.
Other ingredients in Periactin Tablets UK include calcium hydrogen phosphate, lactose, magnesium stearate, potato starch, pregelatinised maize starch.
Each of the tablets should be white with round bevel-edged corners, marked with ‘MSD 62’ on one side with a single scoreline on the other.
Periactin Tablets Online
Looking to purchase Periactin tablets online? Periactin tablets can be purchased here at My Pharmacy for as little as £8.89 but if you do find it cheaper elsewhere you should always make sure you obtain it from a registered and trusted pharmacy.
Any online pharmacy should be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and any online doctor service should registered with the Care Quality Commission and General Medical Council.
If you are ever unsure you should contact the company for proof.
If you require any further information about purchasing Periactin Tablets Online or if there is anything else we can assist you with please feel free to contact our customer service team.
Periactin Tablets Side Effects
Like with all medications, Periactin Tablets Side Effects can occur, but not everybody will experience them.
Stop taking any Periactin 4mg Tablet and tell your doctor straight away, if you notice any of the following serious Periactin Tablets Side Effects – you may need urgent medical attention:
- Allergic skin rash and hives
- Severe allergic reaction which causes difficulty in breathing or dizziness
Other Periactin Tablets Side Effects include:
Heart and circulation
- Increased heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Feeling like you have a missed heart beat
- Feeling sleepy, dizzy, problems with co-coordination, or feeling tired
- Feeling confused, restless, over excited, nervous, irritable or trembling
- Being unable to sleep, pins and needle or feeling numb
- Inflammation of your nerves-signs include being more sensitive to pain and feeling that you cannot move
- Feeling aggressive
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling something that is not there
- Feeling faint
- An exaggerated feeling of well being
- Being very upset
- Anti-histamine medicines such as this medicine can sometimes make young children over excited
Eyes or ears
- Inflammation inside the ear, ringing in the ears
- Blurred or double vision
- Dry throat and nose
- Presence of phlegm
- Blocked nose
- Feeling wheezy
- Tight chest
Stomach and gut
- Dry mouth
- Stomach ache, loss of appetite
- Feeling sick, being sick
- Increase in appetite and weight gain
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Passing urine more often
- Difficulty passing urine
- Unable to empty your bladder of urine
Skin and hair
- Skin becoming sensitive to sunlight
- May sweat more than usual
- Severe shivering
- Swelling of your skin
- Liver problems, including jaundice, hepatitis and haptic failure – signs include yellowing of the skin and eyes, sometimes with a fever, pale stools and dark urine
- Menstrual problems
What Is Periactin Tablets Used For?
A common question we see asked is “What is Periactin used for?”
Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets help reduce allergy symptoms by stopping the effects of a substance called “histamine”, which is something the body produces when you are allergic to something. Periactin 4mg 100 Tablets belong to a class of medications called “antihistamines”. You may have heard of them before or even used them before, such as Phenergan.
They can be used for other such conditions, including:
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Urticaria (hives)
Periactin Tablets are less commonly known antihistamine so questions such as “What is Periactin Tablets used for?” are common.
If you have further questions about “What is Periactin Tablets used for?” please seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
How To Give Periactin Tablets
You should always follow the ‘How to give Periactin Tablets’ guidance given to you by your doctor or pharmacist. Otherwise follow the instructions below.
- Always take this medicine by mouth
The recommended ‘How to give Periactin Tablets’ doses are as follows
- Adults and children over 14 years
- Start with one tablet three times a day.
- Most patients need 3-4 tablets a day.
- Do not more than 8 tablets a day.
- Children aged 7-14 years
- The usual dose is 1 tablet two or three times a day as needed.
- If you need to give an extra dose, give it at bedtime.
- Do not give more than 3 tablets a day.
- Children aged 2-6 years
- The usual dose is half a tablet two or three times a day.
- If you need to give an extra dose, give it bedtime.
- Do not give more than 3 tablets a day.
- Take 1 tablet when you are getting the migraine.
- Take another one, if needed, after 30 minutes.
- Then take 1 tablet every 4-6 hours to maintain relief.
- Do not take more than 2 tablets every 4-6 hour period.
Children under 2 years
- Do not give Periactin to children under 2 years of age.
If you’re struggling understanding ‘How to give Periactin Tablets’ speak to your doctor or pharmacist. Overdosing on an antihistamine can cause a variety of side effects.
Periactin Tablets For Cats
Periactin Tablets for cats is usually used to stimulate cats to eat and act as an anti-itching or allergy medication. It can also be used for other conditions under the supervision of a veterinarian.
Once Periactin Tablets for cats has been prescribed it’s important to know some of the problems that could arise when it’s given.
- Your cat may seem drowsy at first, but will most likely lessen over time.
- Cats can become overly excited when taking Periactin.
- They may have trouble with dry mouth, dry eyes and urinary retention.
Your vet will be able to tell you the best way in how to give Periactin tablets to cats. They may instruct you to give it with or without food.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using cyproheptadine and call your doctor at once if you have:
a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
tremor, seizure (convulsions);
little or no urination;
fast or pounding heartbeats;
easy bruising or bleeding;
ringing in your ears; or
pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, weakness.
Common side effects may include:
dry mouth, nose, or throat;
blurred vision; or
feeling restless or excited (especially in children).