Conotrane Cream 500g
- Active Ingredients: Dimeticone & Benzalkonium chloride
- Softens And Protects
- Light And Absorbs Easily
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
Conotrane Cream is used to protect the skin from moisture, irritants, chafing and contamination with bacteria or yeasts. It is used in the prevention and treatment of nappy rash, and can also be used in the prevention of pressure sores and for other skin irritations caused by rubbing or moisture
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 -4||5 -6|
What Conotrane Cream is and what is it used for
Conotrane Cream contains the active substances benzalkonium chloride and dimeticone. Conotrane Cream is used to protect the skin from moisture, irritants, chafing and contamination with bacteria or yeasts. It is used in the prevention and treatment of nappy rash, and can also be used in the prevention of pressure sores and for other skin irritations caused by rubbing or moisture.
Conotrane Cream acts as a barrier cream. The active substance, dimeticone, is water repellent and the other active substance, benzalkonium chloride, has antiseptic properties.
See more information on skin care on the NHS website.
Before you use Conotrane Cream
Do not use Conotrane Cream:
- if you are allergic to benzalkonium chloride or dimeticone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Warnings and precautions
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before using Conotrane Cream. Conotrane contains paraffin
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames – risk of severe burns
- Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard
How To Use Conotrane Cream
This medicine is for cutaneous use. Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has told you. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure. The cream is for external use only and should be applied to the affected area(s) several times a day as needed. For nappy rash, the cream should be applied at every nappy change. If the symptoms persist for more than 14 days without improvement consult your doctor.
How to store Conotrane Cream
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton, after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
- Do not store above 25°C (which is normal room temperature)
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste
- Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines no longer required. These measures will help protect the environment.
Conotrane Cream Ingredients
The active substances are benzalkonium chloride 0.1% w/w and dimeticone 22% w/w. • The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether, white soft paraffin, light liquid paraffin, macrogol, potassium dihydrogen orthophosphate, geranium (fragrance) and water.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please feel free to contact our helpful customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. On rare occasions, the active ingredient benzalkonium chloride has caused irritation of the skin at the site of application.
If this occurs you should stop using Conotrane Cream immediately and consult your doctor if the irritation persists.