Cleen Ready To Use Enema 133ml
- Used For Bowel Cleansing Prior To Medical Exams
- Easy To Use
- Effective Relief From Constipation
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Cleen Ready-to-Use Enema is a bowel cleanser, which you administer yourself. It acts by increasing the water content of your stools and in this way helps to relieve constipation and clear the bowel.
Cleen Ready To Use Enema
What Is Cleen Ready To Use Enema?
Cleen Ready-to-Use Enema is a bowel cleanser, which you administer yourself. It acts by increasing the water content of your stools and in this way helps to relieve constipation and clear the bowel. It can be used in the relief of occasional constipation and where bowel cleansing is required, such as prior to your endoscopy, bowel surgery or X-ray examination.
See more information on constipation on the NHS website.
Before You Use Cleen Ready To Use Enema
Do NOT use this medicine if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Have a swollen large bowel (also known as megacolon).
- Have a narrowing or incomplete opening of the anus or rectum.
- Have a blockage of the lower colon (Hirschsprung’s disease).
- Have a suspected blockage of the gut.
- Have blockage of the gut or failure of normal bowel movements (sometimes called paralytic
- Have been told by your doctor that you may have:
– a pierced/damaged or blocked gut
– an active inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis).
- Have undiagnosed bleeding of the back passage.
- Have kidney problems.
- Have congestive heart failure (your heart is unable to properly pump blood around the body).
- Have recently been sick or feel sick or thirsty.
- Have a pain in your stomach (abdominal pain).
- The patient is under 3 years of age.
How to Take Cleen Ready To Use Enema
- Wash your hands before handling this product and if possible use disposable gloves.
- Lie on your left side with both knees bent and your arms at rest in front of you.
- Remove the orange protective shield. Pull the shield gently while holding the bottle upright and grasping the grooved bottle cap with your fingers.
- With a steady pressure, gently insert the enema Comfortip into the rectum with the tip pointing towards your navel.
- Squeeze the bottle until nearly all the liquid has been emptied.
- Gently remove the nozzle from your rectum. It is normal to experience some leakage of the enema liquid.
- Remain in the same position until the urge to evacuate your bowels is strong – usually within 2 to 5 minutes.
Discontinue use if any resistance is encountered. Forcing an enema can result in injury.
NOTE: It is not necessary to empty the unit completely. The bottle contains more than the amount of liquid needed for effective use, so a small residue will remain.
How To Store Cleen Ready To Use Enema
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Do not use after the expiry date printed on the pack after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Keep in original packaging to protect from moisture and light.
- Do not refrigerate.
Cleen Ready To Use Enema Side Effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side ffects include, bu aren’t limited to:
Very rare (1 in 10,000 people):
- Hypersensitivity: allergic reactions (with or without rash).
- Muscle twitches and spasms due to changes in the amounts of salts (electrolytes) in the blood.
- Abdominal pain or bloating (distension).
- Gastrointestinal pain.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Anal itching, stinging, pain or discomfort.
Active substances: Each 118ml dose delivers the equivalent of 21.4g (18.1% w/v) Sodium Dihydrogen Phosphate Dihydrate and 9.4g (8.0% w/v) Disodium phosphate Dodecahydrate. Contains 4.4g sodium per delivered dose.
The other ingredients (excipients) are Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium Edetate, Purified Water. The nozzle lubricant is white soft paraffin. Contains 80mg benzalkonium chloride per delivered dose.