Waxsol Ear Drops 10ml
- Active Ingredient: Docusate Sodium
- Helps Relieve Ear Wax Build-up
- Registered UK Pharmacy
- Purchase With Confidence
WAXSOL is used to help remove ear wax in adults, the elderly and children. The drops help to clear your ear canal if it is blocked with wax by softening it and breaking it up.
Buy more and save!
|2 - 4
|5 - 6
Waxsol Ear Drops
- Understanding Waxsol Ear Drops
- Benefits and Uses of Waxsol Ear Drops
- How to Use Waxsol Ear Drops Effectively
- Product Specifications: Waxsol Ear Drops 0.5 10ml
- Age Recommendations for Waxsol Ear Drops
- Recognizing Potential Side Effects
- Addressing Ear Wax Build-up: Causes and Solutions
- Composition of Waxsol Ear Drops 1mg
- Step-by-Step Usage Directions
- Dosage Guidelines and Considerations
Understanding Waxsol Ear Drops
Waxsol Ear Drops are a highly effective solution for removing ear wax in adults, the elderly and children. Ideal for home treatment, these drops can clear a wax-blocked ear canal by softening and breaking up the wax, thus avoiding the need to visit a clinician.
Benefits and Uses of Waxsol Ear Drops
Waxsol Ear Drops are designed to address ear wax that hinders hearing or causes discomfort. While a small amount of ear wax is beneficial, acting as a natural cleanser with antibacterial and antifungal properties, an excess can lead to blockages, aches, and infections. Waxsol provides relief from such issues.
How to Use Waxsol Ear Drops Effectively
Usage should align with your doctor’s instructions or the patient information leaflet. Generally, apply the drops for two nights. If problems persist, consult a healthcare professional for potential manual removal of the wax.
Product Specifications: Waxsol Ear Drops 0.5 10ml
Before using Waxsol Ear Drops 0.5 10ml, note:
- Do not use if you have a perforated ear drum or internal ear soreness.
- Inform your doctor about any medications you’re taking.
- Suitable during pregnancy, breastfeeding, and does not impair driving or machinery use.
Age Recommendations for Waxsol Ear Drops
Recommended for ages 12 and above. Usage in children under 12 should be based on medical advice.
Recogizing Potential Side Effects
While side effects are rare, be aware of allergic reactions, temporary rashes, or stinging sensations. Report any persistent side effects through the UK Government’s yellow card scheme.
Addressing Ear Wax Build-up: Causes and Solutions
Factors contributing to earwax build-up include natural wax levels, ear shape, age, and use of hearing aids or earplugs. Waxsol Ear Drops 10ml effectively remove excess earwax, alleviating symptoms.
You cannot prevent earwax. It’s there to protect your ears from dirt and germs.
But you can use Waxsol for a couple of days to soften the wax. This will help it fall out on its own and should prevent blocked ears.
Composition of Waxsol Ear Drops 1mg
Each bottle contains docusate sodium, glycerine, water, and phenonip as a preservative. Discuss concerns about ingredients with a healthcare professional.
Step-by-Step Usage Directions
Follow these general guidelines or your doctor’s specific instructions:
- Fill the dropper.
- Tilt your head.
- Gently apply Waxsol to the affected ear, ideally before bedtime.
Dosage Guidelines and Considerations
If no specific instructions have been given to you, only use the drops for 2 nights at a time. If you feel as though the drops aren’t working or providing relief after this time, please contact a doctor or pharmacist. You may need the ear wax removing manually by a professional.
Like all medicines, WAXSOL
can cause side effects, although
not everybody gets them.
• Some people may have an
allergic reaction which may
include reddness of the skin
area and/or a rash.
• Rarely there is stinging or
soreness, which does not
last long. If it does continue,
do not use the drops on
the next night.
• Injuries or swelling of the
ear canal may result in
For the patient iformation leaflet