Viscotears Liquid Gel Eye Drops (10g)
Viscotears is used to make your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry. It is one of a group of eye drops called ‘artificial tears’.
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 -4||5 -6|
What Viscotears Liquid Gel is and what it’s used for
Viscotears contains the active ingredient, carbomer (polyacrylic acid). Viscotears is used to make your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry. It is one of a group of eye drops called ‘artificial tears’
Things to consider before you start to use Viscotears
DO NOT use Viscotears if:
- If you are allergic to carbomer or any of the other ingredients of viscotears
- Take special care: In children and adolescents aged to 18 years, the safety and efficacy of Viscotears at the posology recommended in adults has been established by clinical experience, but no clinical trial data are available.
Warnings and precautions
- Only use Viscotears in your eye(s).
- If you have problems with your eyes apart from sore or dry eyes talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you start to use Viscotears.
- If you experience eye pain, vision changes, irritation of the eyes, persistent redness, or if the condition worsens or persists, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- If you are taking other medicines. Please, also read the section “Using other medicines”.
How to use your Viscotears
1. Wash your hands.
2. If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the drops and do not replace for at least 15 minutes.
3. Hold the tube vertically
4. Tilt your head backwards
5. Rest one hand on your cheek and gently pull down your lower eye lid.
6. Look upwards.
7. Insert one drop by squeezing the tube gently.
8. Blink a few times to spread the liquid gel evenly over your eye.
9. Wipe away any excess gel from around the eyelids.
10. Repeat for your other eye if required.
NOTE: Do not touch your eye or the surrounding area with the tip of the dropper as this may cause injury to the eye and contaminate the gel. If you use more Viscotears than you should, it is not expected that you will suffer any side effects from this, however, should you notice any problems you think are related, seek medical attention. Follow the instructions carefully. If there is anything you don’t understand, ask your pharmacist or doctor. Do not use Liquid Gel later than four weeks after first opening
Viscotears contains 2.0 mg/g of the active ingredient, carbomer (polyacrylic acid). The liquid gel also contains the inactive ingredients cetrimide (as a preservative), sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and water. Each tube contains 10 g of Viscotears.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them.
You may experience the following reactions in your eyes:
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people): blurred vision
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people): eye discomfort,
eyelid crusting, eye irritation.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): eye swelling, eye
pain, itchy eye, eye redness, increased tear production.
Or, reactions in other parts of your body:
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): skin inflammation.
Additional side effects from post-marketing experience that have been
reported for which the frequency is not known: Allergic reactions
(symptoms may include itching, redness, swelling, or pain of the eye or
redness, swelling or rash of the skin around the eye).