Murine Hayfever Relief 2% Eye Drops 10ml
- Fast Relief From Hayfever
- Active Ingredient: Sodium Cromoglicate
- Recommended By UK Doctors
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Murine Hayfever eye drops have an anti-inflammatory action and reduces redness, soreness and itching in eyes affected by allergic conditions like hayfever when used regularly during the course of treatment.
15 in stock
What is Murine Hayfever Relief and what is it used for
Murine Hayfever eye drops have an anti-inflammatory action and reduces redness, soreness and itching in eyes affected by allergic conditions like hayfever when used regularly during the course of treatment. These symptoms occur usually in the late spring or early summer when pollen from grasses or trees comes into contact with the eyes of people who are sensitive to them. This condition is sometimes called ‘hayfever eyes’ or by its medical term: seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. If you suffer from hayfever, you can also help control your symptoms by trying to ensure low exposure to pollen when hayfever symptoms are expected. For example, keep windows closed, do not cut grass, stay indoors as much as possible.
See more on Hayfever
Before you use Murine Hayfever Relief eye drops
Do not use Murine Hayfever :
- In children under 6 years of age
- If you or your child are sensitive to eye drops containing sodium cromoglicate, benzalkonium chloride or disodium edetate
- For other allergic eye symptoms (not caused by hayfever) Other things in everyday life can start allergies causing eye symptoms in certain people. For example contact with animals including pets, house dust mites, other particles and chemicals. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
You must be confident that you or your child’s irritated eyes are caused by hayfever, or have been previously diagnosed by your doctor to suffer from hayfever: You can be sure allergic eyes are caused by hayfever if:
- Both eyes are affected
- You also have a runny or blocked nose
- Your eyesight is not affected
- You know you suffer from hayfever and your symptoms coincide with the times of year when grass or tree pollen is high. But if you or your child have:
- No nose symptoms
- Only one eye is affected
Your sight is affected Or if the eye symptoms:
- occur at the wrong time of year for hayfever
- are likely to be caused by another allergy, e.g. a pet or dust mite allergy then you cannot be sure that the condition is due to hayfever and you should see your doctor or pharmacist before you use Murine Hayfever drops.
How to use Murine Hayfever Relief eye drops
Use Murine Hayfever only in your eyes. Adults (including the elderly) and children over six years:
- Place one or two drops into each eye four times daily
- Wash your hands before using the drops
- Tilt your head back and carefully pull down your lower eyelid
- Without touching the eyelid with the tip of the dropper, put one or two drops into your lower lid and then blink a few times to make sure your whole eye is covered by the liquid
- Replace the cap securely on the bottle
Always read the patient information leaflet before use.
The active ingredient in Murine Hayfever Drops is Sodium Cromoglicate 2% w/v. Also contains: sodium chloride, disodium edetate, polysorbate 80, benzalkonium chloride and water for injections
See our other Anti-histamines
Like all medicines, these drops can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them. All medicines can cause allergic reactions, although
serious allergic reactions are very rare.
Tell your doctor straight away if you get any sudden wheeziness, difficulty in
breathing, swelling of the eyelids, face or lips, rash, or itching (especially
affecting your whole body).
Your eyes may sting a little just after you use the drops. If they sting badly, or if
your eyes get worse, stop using the drops and tell your doctor or pharmacist. You
may also experience blurred vision for a short time after application.
If any of the side effects get serious please tell your doctor or pharmacist.