Salatac Gel 8g
- Active Ingredients: Salicylic / Lactic Acid
- Treatment Of Warts
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface.
Buy more and save!
Recently Viewed Products
Buy Salatac Gel Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Salatac Gel Online. To Buy Salatac Gel UK Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Salatac Gel UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Salatac Gel Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Salatac Gel is used for the treatment of warts, verruca’s, corns and calluses.
Warts and verruca’s are small excessive growths of skin causes by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verruca’s occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that it it’s not treated with something similar to Salatac Gel, warts and verruca’s can grow and spread. The virus responsible can also be transferred from person to person.
On the other hand, corns and calluses are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction. They usually occur on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes. They can also occur on the hands due to overuse of lifting weights for e.g.
Salatac Wart Gel 8g
Do not use Salatac Wart Gel 8g if you are allergic to salicylic acid, lactic acid or any of the other ingredients listed in the patient information leaflet.
- Do not use Salatac Wart Gel 8g anywhere on or near the face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital area.
- Do not use the gel on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots.
- Salatac Wart Gel 8g cannot be used if you’re diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation in the hands or feet.
Special care should be taken before using this product. A doctor or pharmacist should be seen before using this gel. The verruca, wart, callus or corn should be seen if it’s suitable for treatment with Salatac Wart Gel 8g.
What Is Salatac Gel Used For?
A common question we see is “What is Salatac Gel used for?”
My Pharmacy primarily sees Salatac Gel purchased to treat and remove warts or verrucas. They are small lumps on the skin that most people will experience at some point during their life. The majority of them will clear by themselves, but sometimes it can take months and even years before they clear completely.
Warts don’t cause harm, however some people find them embarrassing and painful. Verrucas are more likely to be more panful than warts, with some people comparing it to feeling like standing on a needle.
In contrast, other people use it to treat corns and calluses. The majority of calluses and corns can be painful, especially if you’re on your feet a lot of the time. It’s very important that a doctor is seen before treating corns or calluses if you have diabetes, heart disease or circulation problems. Foot problems can be made more severe with these conditions.
If you still have questions similar to “What is Salatac Gel used for?” please contact our customer support team and they’ll gladly answer any queries you may have.
Salatac Gel For Verrucas
If you’re already using Salatac Gel for verrucas and the treatment doesn’t seem to helping or improving the situation, go see a GP. A GP may be able to freeze the verruca so it falls off a few weeks later. This option will only be viable if you have tried traditional treatment, such as using Salatac Gel for verrucas.
In order to stop verrucas and warts from returning or appearing on other parts of the body, it’s important to be clean and hygienic. The following precautions can help protect against warts and verrucas in the future:
- Don’t touch other people’s warts or verrucae.
- Towels, sock or shoes should not be shared with others.
- Around pools, avoid walking around barefoot and wear flip flops instead.
- If you’ve had to touch a verruca or wart, make sure to wash your hands after.
- Socks should be changed daily if a verruca is present.
Salatac Gel Verruca
- Salatac Gel Verruca should be applied carefully, to the wart, verruca, corn or callus only, by squeezing the tube very gently.
- Take care not to apply the gel to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young children’s delicate skin, because this can cause irritation; excessive amount of gel should also be avoided.
- Gel should be kept away from the eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and grazes.
- Avoid Salatac Gel Verruca spilling on other parts of the skin or your possessions.
- It should not be used near flames or ignition sources as it’s extremely flammable and volatile.
- Avoid any vapour coming off of the gel.
Salatac Gel For Skin Tags
You should not use Salatac Gel for skin tags as this product is designed for use on hard skin, like warts. Skin tags have blood vessels that can bleed and become infected if non-sterile equipment is used.
If you have a skin tag and are considering using Salatac Gel for skin tags, don’t. Get a doctor or dermatologist to look at look at it. Generally they can remove skin tags quickly with very little discomfort directly in their office.
How To Use Salatac Gel
The following is a step by step guide on how to use Salatac Gel. This will entirely consist of text and no images. Should you require a visual representation of how to use Salatac Gel there are plenty of videos that can be found online.
Follow any specific Salatac Gel how to use instructions given to you by your doctor or dermatologist. They may differ from the information provided in the patient information leaflet.
In order to use the gel correctly, follow these steps once every day, usually in the evening. Carry on following these Salatac Gel how to use instructions until the wart, verruca, corn or callus disappears:
- Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dry the area thoroughly, using your own towel if you have a wart or verruca (this will help prevent spreading the virus to other people).
- Taking care to avoid squeezing the tube, remove the protective cap, leaving the nozzle attached to the tube.
- Carefully apply a thin coating (one or two drops) of the gel to the top of wart, verruca, corn or callus only:
- Avoid the gel spreading to the surrounding healthy skin;
- Allow the gel to dry for a few minutes to form a small white patch that sticks to the treated area and is water resistant;
- There is no need to cover the treated area with a sticking plaster;
- Always replace the protective cap after use.
- The next evening, carefully peel or pick off the white patch of dried gel from the wart, verruca, corn or callus:
- Apply the fresh gel as described in the steps above
- If removal of the white patch is difficult, carefully re-apply the gel directly over it and leave to dry. This will thicken the white patch and make it easier to remove.
- The length of the treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart, verruca, callus or corn:
- Some may go in a relatively short time;
- Some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
- It’s important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, verruca, callus or corn has disappeared.
- If the wart, verruca, callus or corn has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment, advice should be sought from a doctor or pharmacist.
- At the end of the treatment, if the white patch is difficult to remove, you can leave it because it will eventually fall off by itself.
Salatac Gel Instructions
The following Salatac Gel instructions are for scenarios where the gel accidently gets onto normal skin, into the eyes or mouth and if any of the vapour is inhaled.
If the gel accidently gets onto normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and, if necessary, wash the area.
If the gel accidently gets into the eyes or mouth, it may cause damage. Rinse the eyes or mouth with plenty of water. If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing product into the other eye. Then seek urgent hospital attention.
If a lot of the vapour is inhaled from the gel it may cause light-headedness. If this happens, get plenty of fresh air.
If you forget to use Salatac Gel, don’t worry. Occasionally forgetting to use this product isn’t an issue, just carry on using it when you remember.
If you’re doctor has provided any additional Salatac Gel instructions please follow them. Their advice may be particular to your condition.
How Does Salatac Gel Work?
You may be pondering how does Salatac gel work? The two active ingredients in Salatac gel are called salicylic acid and lactic acid.
In simple terms the ingredients work by softening hard skin growth, allowing easy removal with a pumice stone or emery board. They also help kill the virus responsible for the warts and verrucas.
Both salicylic acid and lactic acid are known as medicines called keratolytics. When applied to the skin, they break down the protein called keratin that is responsible for protecting the skin. Once the gel is applied directly to warts, verrucas, calluses and corns, it causes the cells in the affected area to soften and shed.
If you’re still curious about “How does Salatac gel work?” see here to view the NHS evidence database for keratolytic agents.
Salatac Gel Reviews
You can view Salatac Gel Reviews and reviews left by customers who have used our website and service via the product page. To view more Salatac Gel Reviews and overall service reviews, click here to view our trustpilot page.
Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should any Salatac Gel Reviews cause you to look for an alternative.
Salatac Gel Amazon
Whilst Salatac Wart Gel 8g is available from other commercial stores like Salatac Gel Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy, Salatac Gel Amazon, most of those will require you to bring in your prescription before you can order the medicine.
My Pharmacy offers a free online consultation as well as free shipping on orders over £40 with next delivery options also available. From My Pharmacy you can purchase your prescription treatments online without ever having to leave your home, making it much easier for people to get the vital treatments they need safely and promptly.
Unlike Salatac Gel Amazon, Salatac Gel Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy, My Pharmacy has an expert team of pharmacy professionals available to help via email, online chat and telephone should you have any questions regarding your current prescription or treatment. Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should the one you’re looking for not be available. See our thousands of 5 Star Ratings on Trustpilot from real customers.
As an independent pharmacy, My Pharmacy is able to get the best prices for both generic and brand name treatments. When compared to other retailers such as Salatac Gel Boots, Salatac Gel Amazon, Lloyds Pharmacy, My Pharmacy can be as much as 50% cheaper to buy the same products.
Like all medicines, Salatac Gel can cause side
effects although not everybody gets them: While the gel is working you may feel a
slight tingling sensation and / or some mild
tenderness at the treated area. This is usually
temporary, and in rare cases may appear as a
temporary blemish on the skin.
s If you mistakenly allow the gel to spread onto
and remain in contact with areas of normal
skin (see precautions in section 2), it may
s If you spill the product on your clothes,
fabrics, jewellery or metal and polished
surfaces it may damage them permanently.
s Stop using this product and tell your doctor
or pharmacist if:
– you experience unacceptable discomfort or
if irritation persists, or;
– any of the side effects get serious, or you
notice any other side effects not mentioned
in this leaflet.