Salatac Gel 8g
- Active Ingredients: Salicylic / Lactic Acid
- Treatment Of Warts
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot.
What is Salatac gel and what is it used for
- Salatac Gel is a treatment for warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
- Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus. Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be transferred from one person to another.
- Corns and calluses are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction. They usually occur on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes. They can also occur on the hands.
- Salatac Gel is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
- The active ingredients in this product are salicylic acid and lactic acid.
- The active ingredients work by:
- softening the hard skin growth, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery board;
- they also help kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas.
Before you use Salatac Gel
Do not use Salatac Gel if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salicylic acid, lactic acid or any of the other ingredients of Salatac Gel
- Do not use the gel anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital (sex) area.
- Do not use the gel on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots.
- Do not use the gel if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
Take special care when using this product:
- If you are unsure whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus that is suitable for treatment with Salatac Gel, ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment.
- Apply the gel carefully, to the wart, verruca, corn or callus only, by squeezing the tube very gently:
- take care not to apply the gel to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young children’s delicate skin, because this may cause irritation;
- do not apply excessive amounts of gel.
- Keep the gel away from your eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and grazes.
- Avoid spillage as this may cause damage to you, your clothing and your possessions
- do not fold the tube because this may damage it and make it leak.
- The product is volatile and highly flammable. Do not use it near flames or ignition sources (eg burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it).
- Avoid inhaling the vapour from the gel
How to use Salatac Gel
Use it only on warts, verrucas, corns and calluses on sites for which it is recommended. Before you use this tube of gel for the first time, open it as follows:
- Find a suitable surface, in case of accidental spillage
- Hold the tube upright, with the cap uppermost and the base resting on a suitable surface.
- Unscrew and remove the combined white nozzle/cap assembly from the tube.
- Remove the red collar and dispose of it safely. s Keep the tube upright for 30 seconds.
- Then, without squeezing or over-gripping the tube, and with it still held upright and away from your face: – replace the white nozzle/cap assembly onto the screw thread of the tube (taking care to avoid “cross-threading”); – tighten the nozzle/cap assembly firmly to pierce the top of the tube; – briefly loosen the cap (to release any slight pressure in the tube) and then retighten.
- Please note that once in place, a small gap will remain between the base of the nozzle/cap and the top of the tube
Always read the patient information leaflet before use
Salatac Gel Ingredients
What Salatac Gel contains: The active ingredients are salicylic acid (12.0% w/w) and lactic acid (4.0% w/w). The other ingredients are camphor, pyroxylin, ethanol and ethyl acetate
Like all medicines, Salatac Gel can cause side
effects although not everybody gets them: While the gel is working you may feel a
slight tingling sensation and / or some mild
tenderness at the treated area. This is usually
temporary, and in rare cases may appear as a
temporary blemish on the skin.
s If you mistakenly allow the gel to spread onto
and remain in contact with areas of normal
skin (see precautions in section 2), it may
s If you spill the product on your clothes,
fabrics, jewellery or metal and polished
surfaces it may damage them permanently.
s Stop using this product and tell your doctor
or pharmacist if:
– you experience unacceptable discomfort or
if irritation persists, or;
– any of the side effects get serious, or you
notice any other side effects not mentioned
in this leaflet.