Normacol Constipation Relief Sachets 7g (60)
- Active Ingredient: Sterculia
- Suitable For Children Ages 6 And Over
- Effective Relief From Constipation
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Normacol Sachets contain 62% w/w sterculia, which is a vegetable gum from the karaya tree. It is this natural dietary fibre which helps to relieve constipation and help keep you regular.
Only 5 left in stock
Normacol Constipation Relief Sachets
What Are Normacol Sachets?
Normacol Sachets contain 62% w/w sterculia, which is a vegetable gum from the karaya tree. It is this natural dietary fibre which helps to relieve constipation and help keep you regular. It is also used by people with colostomies or ileostomies, who need a high fibre diet, for example in diverticular disease of the colon and who have had rectal or anal surgery.
See more information on constipation on the NHS website.
Before You Use Normacol Sachets
Do NOT use this medicine if you have:
- an allergy to any of the ingredients of this medicine listed further below
- A blockage in your intestine (gut)
- Total loss of muscle tone in the colon
- Faecal impaction
How To Use
Adults and the elderly: 1 to 2 sachets, or 1 to 2 heaped 5ml spoonfuls, taken once or twice a day after meals. Do not take Normacol if you are lying down or just before you go to bed.
Children aged 6-12 years: half the adult dose (half to 1 sachet or half to 1 heaped 5ml spoonful).
- put the dry granules on your tongue from the sachet, spoon or your hand, or just take a few at a time if that is easier.
- Alternatively you can sprinkle Normacol on to soft food such as yoghurt.
- Swallow the granules with plenty of water or a cool drink, so that the oesophagus (gullet) does not become blocked.
- Never chew or crush the granules.
Like all medicines, Normacol Sachets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- Occasionally Normacol causes a swollen stomach.
- Some people may suffer from wind.
- The bowel may become blocked.
- The oesophagus (gullet) can become blocked if Normacol is not taken with enough fluid, or too much Normacol is taken.
- Some people may have an allergic reaction which may include an itchy skin, rash or difficulty in breathing.
- It is not unusual for stool to appear paler in colour than normal as a result of local contact with sterculia. This does not indicate anything untoward.
- Some people may experience diarrhoea and stomach pains.
- Some people may feel sick.
The active ingredient is sterculia. The granules contain 62% w/w sterculia. The other ingredients are sodium hydrogen carbonate, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, hard paraffin and vanillin.