Maalox Plus Suspension 250ml
- Suitable For Children Aged 2 And Over
- Effective Treatment of Heartburn, Indigestion And Flatulence
- Active Ingredient: Magnesium Hydroxide
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Maalox Plus is used for the relief of indigestion (dyspepsia), heartburn and wind (flatulence). This product works by lowering the amount of acid in your stomach. The anti-foaming agent in Maalox Plus helps to remove gas from your stomach.
Maalox Plus Suspension
Buy Maalox Suspension Liquid Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Maalox Suspension Liquid Online. To Buy Maalox Suspension Liquid Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Maalox Suspension Liquid UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Maalox Suspension Liquid Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Maalox Suspension contains three different medicines:
- The first two are called dried aluminium hydroxide gel and magnesium hydroxide. They belong to a group of medicines called antacids.
- The other medicine is called simethicone. It belongs to a group of medicines called anti-foaming agents.
Maalox Suspension is used for the relief of indigestion, heartburn and wind (flatulence). Maalox Suspension works by lowering the amount of acid in the stomach. The anti-foaming agent in this product helps remove gas from the stomach.
Maalox Antacid Suspension
Maalox Antacid Suspension contains dried aluminium hydroxide gel and magnesium hydroxide, and are just two of many different antacids available. Antacids are medicines that counteract the acid in the stomach to provide relief from the symptoms of indigestion and heartburn. They can come as tablets or as a liquid such as Maalox Antacid Suspension and can be purchased from pharmacies and supermarkets without the need of a prescription.
Although Maalox Antacid Suspension only treats indigestion, heartburn and wind, there are other antacids that can treat other symptoms. These can include stomach ulcers and inflammation of the stomach lining.
Maalox Antacid Suspension and other similar antacid products can relieve symptoms quickly, but they will not treat the underlying cause of the symptoms. You will need further evaluation from a GP if you need to take antacids regularly.
Maalox Plus Suspension
Maalox Plus Suspension can be used for the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux such as acid regurgitation, heartburn and indigestion which may occur, for example following meals or during pregnancy, and for symptoms of excess stomach acid (hyperacidity).
One of the most common reasons why Maalox Plus Suspension are bought is for the treatment of heartburn and acid reflux.
Heartburn is the feeling of a burning sensation located in the chest. This is caused by acid travelling up from the stomach towards the throat. If it’s experienced regularly, it’s called gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, or GORD for short. Some of the main symptoms include:
- Burning sensation in the middle of the chest.
- A sour, unpleasant taste in the mouth.
Symptoms of GORD reportedly get worse after eating, lying down or when bending over.
Other, less frequent symptoms can occur including:
- Hiccups or a cough that keeps coming back
- Hoarse voice
- Bad breath
- Feeling bloated or sick
Lots of people will experience heartburn at least once during their lifetime, sometimes caused by external factors such as food, sometimes there won’t be an obvious reason why. That’s why Maalox Plus Suspension is designed for quick relief.
Maalox Plus Oral Suspension
Other than Maalox Plus Oral Suspension, there are many other types of antacid available. Some are sold under a brand name and others are named after their main ingredient. Other brands include Gaviscon & Pepto-Bismol.
Looking for an alternative to Maalox Plus Oral Suspension? Other antacids to look out for include:
- Aluminium hydroxide
- Magnesium carbonate
- Magnesium trisilicate
- Calcium carbonate
- Sodium bicarbonate
Rennie Peppermint for example contains other ingredients as well as an antacid that coats the stomach and gullet in a protective layer.
Maalox Advanced Maximum Strength Oral Suspension
Indigestion is a very common condition with the majority of people experiencing it at least once in their life. It’s usually not a sign of anything serious and can usually be treated at home. Maalox Advanced Maximum Strength Oral Suspension is one of the best at home treatments for indigestion.
Indigestion can be identified when experiencing the following symptoms:
- Heartburn – a painful burning feeling in the chest, often felt after eating.
- Feeling bloated and full.
- Feeling nauseous.
- Farting and belching a lot more often.
- Bringing up food or bitter-tasting fluids into the mouth.
Stomach pain and back pain are usually not signs of indigestion. These are usually signs of constipation which would require a different product other than Maalox Advanced Maximum Strength Oral Suspension.
In order to avoid experiencing indigestion more often than needed, there are some steps you can take to reduce the chances.
- Lower the amount of tea, coffee, cold or alcohol you consume.
- Keep your head and shoulders higher than the rest of your body whilst sleeping.
- Lose weight if you’re overweight.
If none of the above seem to work, Maalox Advanced Maximum Strength Oral Suspension or similar over-the-counter products may be recommended to you by a doctor or pharmacist.
Maalox Plus Suspension 250ml
Like all medicines, Maalox Plus Suspension 250ml can cause side effects. Although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Maalox Plus Suspension 250ml and see a doctor or got to a hospital straight away if:
- You have red and lumpy skin rash, swollen eyelids, face, lips, mouth or tongue, itching, difficulty breathing or swallowing. This could be signs of an allergic reaction.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects get serious or last longer than a few days. Also tell them if you notice any Maalox Plus Suspension 250ml side effects not listed in the patient information leaflet.
- Hypermagnesemia, including observations after prolonged administration to patients with renal impairment.
- Hypophosphatemia, this may occur at high doses of the product or even at normal doses especially in patients with low phosphorus diets.
- Hyperaluminemia is an electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally elevated level of aluminium in the body.
- Abdominal pain.
Plus Maalox Suspension Dosage
When taking the recommended Maalox Suspension dosage make sure to always shake the bottle well before use, and to take it orally.
Below you will find the different age brackets for the recommended Maalox Suspension dosage. If your doctor has given you specific instructions on how to use this product, please follow their advice.
Adults including the elderly
- Take one to two 5ml spoonful’s 4 times each day
- Take 20 minutes to 1 hour after meals and at bedtime
- Alternative, take as directed by a doctor
Children aged 12 to 18 years
- Give your child one to two 5ml spoonful’s 4 times each day
- Give this medicine 20 minutes to 1 hour after meals and at bedtime
- Alternatively, give as directed by a doctor
Children aged 5 to 12 years
- Give your child a maximum of one 5ml spoonful 3 to 4 times each day
- Give this medicine 20 minutes to 1 hour after meals or at bedtime
- Alternative, give as directed by a doctor
Children 2 to 5 years old
- Do not give your child more than one 5ml spoonful three times each day
- Give this Maalox Suspension dosage 20 minutes to 1 hour after meals and at bedtime
- Alternative, give as directed by a doctor
Symptoms that do not improve or go away should be talked about with a doctor.
If you have taken more than the recommended Maalox Suspension dosage talk to a doctor or go to hospital straight away.
Plus Maalox Suspension Ingredients
If you are allergic to any of the below Maalox Suspension Ingredients, please do not use this medicine and seek an alternative.
Each bottle contains the following active Plus Maalox Suspension Ingredients in each 5ml: 230mg of dried aluminium hydroxide gel, 200mg of magnesium hydroxide and 25mg of simeticone.
The other Plus Maalox Suspension ingredients include: domiphen bromide, microcrystalline cellulose, methylcellulose, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydrogen peroxide, citric acid monohydrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol (E420), carmellose sodium, lemon flavour, swiss cream flavour and water.
Maalox Plus Suspension Price
The Maalox Plus Suspension price here at My Pharmacy starts off at as little as £4.95 per 250ml bottle. If you can find a better Maalox Plus Suspension price elsewhere, you should always make sure you obtain it from a registered and trusted pharmacy.
Any online pharmacy should be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and any online doctor service should registered with the Care Quality Commission and General Medical Council.
If the Maalox Plus Suspension price or other product prices look too good to be true, the products you are purchasing could be illegitimate or counterfeit.
Maalox Plus Suspension Pregnancy
For Maalox Plus Suspension pregnancy make sure you speak to a doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
- You are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant.
- You are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed
Some of the ingredients may be harmful to you or your baby, so always check to make sure it is safe to use during Maalox Plus Suspension Pregnancy.
Maalox Suspension Boots
Whilst Maalox Plus Suspension is available from other commercial stores like Maalox Suspension Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, My Pharmacy offers a free online consultation as well as free shipping on orders over £40 with next delivery options also available. From My Pharmacy you can purchase your prescription treatments online without ever having to leave your home, making it much easier for people to get the vital treatments they need safely and promptly.
Unlike Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Maalox Suspension Boots, My Pharmacy has an expert team of pharmacy professionals available to help via email, online chat and telephone should you have any questions regarding your current prescription or treatment. Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should the one you’re looking for not be available. See our thousands of 5 Star Ratings on Trustpilot from real customers.
As an independent pharmacy, My Pharmacy is able to get the best prices for both generic and brand name treatments. When compared to other retailers such as Lloyds Pharmacy, Maalox Suspension Boots, Superdrug, My Pharmacy can be as much as 50% cheaper to buy the same products.