Ketostix Strips For Urinalysis
- Can be used for up to 6 months after opening
- Easy to Use
- Quick and efficient results
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Ketostix urine reagent test strips are designed to measure the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid in the urine. Acetoacetic acid is a naturally occurring keto acid, which is also known as diacetic acid.
What Are Ketostix Strips Used For?
Ketostix urine reagent test strips are designed to measure the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid in the urine. Acetoacetic acid is a naturally occurring keto acid, which is also known as diacetic acid. This acid is produced by the liver and kidneys and can be used as an energy source by the heart and brain. However, people suffering from diabetes may not have a strong metabolism, which can result in large numbers of ketone bodies. It is importance to keep a check on the level of acetoacetic acid as it can cause medical issues and complication.
How To Use Ketostix Strips
- Remove strip from foil package, do not touch the test area. re-screw the lid tightly.
- Dip the test area into a fresh sample of urine and remove immediately.
- Start timing straight away for 15 seconds. At 15 seconds, match the test area to the colour chart on the side of the bottle and record the result.
- If the test shows moderate or large amounts of ketone call your doctor or diabetes educator.
Before You Use
- Keep fingers and any other objects away from the testing area.
- Do not use after the expiration date listed on the packaging.
- You can use the strips up to 6 months after opening the packaging.
No patient information leaflet available for this product.