Ferrograd C Tablets (30)
- Prevents and treats iron-deficiency anaemia
- Vitamin C (as sodium Ascorbate)
- Active Ingredient: Dried Ferrous Sulphate & Vitamin C
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
Ferrograd C is an iron supplement used to prevent and treat iron-deficiency anaemia and vitamin C deficiency when the two are present together.
What Ferrograd C Tablets are and what they are used for
Ferrograd C is an iron supplement used to prevent and treat iron-deficiency anaemia and vitamin C deficiency when the two are present together. Ferrograd C should only be used for the prevention and treatment of iron-deficiency anaemia diagnosed by laboratory testing under the supervision of a medical doctor. Ferrograd C should only be taken by pregnant women after the first 13 weeks of pregnancy. The added vitamin C helps the body to absorb the iron. A controlledrelease system in the tablet allows release of the iron over several hours and reduces the likelihood of stomach irritation. The controlled-release system consists of a harmless plastic honeycomb with thousands of narrow passages containing iron. As the tablet passes through the stomach and gut the iron is released and the empty honeycomb is passed out in the stools.
Warnings and precautions
Due to the risk of mouth ulceration and tooth discolouration, tablets should not be sucked, chewed or kept in the mouth but swallowed whole with water. If you cannot follow this instruction or have difficulty swallowing, please contact your doctor.
Pregnancy and Breast Feeding
Do not take Ferrograd C during the first thirteen weeks of pregnancy. After the first thirteen weeks of pregnancy consult your doctor before taking Ferrograd C as you may require a different iron supplement containing also folic acid. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine if you intend breast feeding.
Driving and Using Machines
Ferrograd C has no influence on the ability to drive or use machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Ferrograd C
This product contains the colour Ponceau 4R red (E124), which may cause allergic reactions including asthma; allergy is more common in those people who are allergic to aspirin.
How to store Ferrograd C Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children as an overdose may be fatal.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the outer package and blisters after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. If the tablets are out of date, return them to your pharmacist and, if necessary, obtain some more tablets.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Store in the original package in order to protect from light and moisture.
- IMPORTANT WARNING – contains iron. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
What Ferrograd C Tablets contains
The active substances are dried ferrous sulphate and vitamin C. Each Ferrograd C tablet contains dried ferrous sulphate 325 mg (equivalent to 105 mg elemental iron) in a controlled release gradumet form and vitamin C 500 mg (ascorbic acid) as sodium ascorbate.
The other ingredients are: methylacrylate methylmethacrylate copolymer, magnesium stearate, povidone, macrogol 400 & 8000, maize starch, purified talc, ethylcellulose, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171) and dye Red Ponceau 4R Lake (E124).