Ferrograd Tablets 325mg, 30
- Prevents and treats iron-deficiency anaemia
- Gradually reduces (limits) gastro-intestinal irritation
- Active Ingredient: Dried Ferrous Sulphate BP
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
Ferrograd Tablets are a ferrous sulphate iron supplement used to prevent and treat iron-deficiency anaemia in both men and women. Iron is a crucial element for the human body to produce normal red blood cells.
What Ferrograd is and what it is used for
Ferrograd is an iron supplement used to prevent and treat iron-deficiency anaemia. Iron is critical (essential)
for your body to produce normal blood red cells. Ferrograd is formulated with an inert porous matrix (Gradumet) to release iron gradually and reduce (limit) the gastro-intestinal irritation occurring with iron supplements.
Warnings and precautions
• Before taking this tablet speak to your doctor if you suffer from bowel strictures (resulting in difficult intestinal transit) as the inert core tablet may not be suitable for you.
• Ferrograd is not recommended for children under 12 years old. Acute iron poisoning is a serious risk in
the paedriatic population.
• Due to the risk of mouth ulceration and tooth discolouration, tablets should not be sucked, chewed or
kept in the mouth but swallowed whole with water. If you cannot follow this instruction or have difficulty
swallowing, please contact your doctor.
• Your stools may turn black whilst taking Ferrograd. If you have a test for the detection of blood in your
stools, tell your doctor you are taking Ferrograd as black stools may cause an incorrect result to the test.
How to store Ferrograd
Store in a dry place below 25°C.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children, your medicine could harm them.
Do not use Ferrograd after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and on the edge of the strip of
tablets. If the tablets are out of date, return them to your pharmacist and, if necessary, obtain more tablets.
What Ferrograd contains
- The active substance is Dried Ferrous Sulfate 325 mg (equivalent to 105 mg elemental iron) as the active
ingredient in a prolonged release Gradumet form.
- The other ingredients are methylacrylate methylmethacrylate copolymer, lactose, povidone, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, ethylcellulose, sodium saccharin, triethyl citrate, sorbitan
monooleate, castor oil, titanium dioxide, dye Red FD & C No.3 (E127), and dye Yellow FD & C No.6 (E110).