Dermol 200 Shower Emollient
- Can Also Be Used As A Soap Substitute.
- Effective Treatment for Eczema & Dry Skin Conditions
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is an effective treatment for dry, itchy skin, eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin conditions. Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is a useful moisturiser helps to moisturise the skin surface and it can be applied to dry skin after washing.
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 -4||5 -6|
What is Dermol and what is it used for
• Dermol 200 Shower Emollient is an antimicrobial and emollient (softening and moisturising) treatment for you to apply to your skin as part of your normal showering routine.
• It helps to treat and prevent dry and itchy (pruritic) skin conditions, especially eczema and dermatitis.
• All age groups who normally shower can use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient.
• There are two types of active ingredient in this product: – Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride are antimicrobials. These help to: – combat bacteria present on your skin that can make eczema worse – prevent infection caused by scratching itchy skin. – Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate are emollients which help to: – soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin – prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and bathing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary skin cleansing products.
• This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor or pharmacist may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
see more on Eczema
Before you use Dermol
- Do not use this product if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to benzalkonium chloride, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, liquid paraffin, isopropyl myristate, or any of the other ingredients of Dermol 200 Shower Emollient
Warnings and precautions
- As with any product, severe generalised allergic reactions are possible. Very rare reports of such reactions in susceptible individuals, leading to a drop in blood pressure and even to unconsciousness, have been associated with products containing chlorhexidine.
- You must not use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient if you have had problems with chlorhexidine containing products in the past.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames – risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard.
- Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it. Take care when using this product:
- If using as a leave-on application, it is generally a good idea for patients with very sensitive skin to start any new treatment on a small test area first, in case any side effect occurs below). This is especially important when treating the face or young children. Thereafter, treatments may be applied more generously, as required.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, especially when using it on the face.
- It can make your shower tray (or bath surface) slippery, so be careful to avoid slipping over when getting into and out of your shower (eg by using a shower or bath mat).
- After use, clean out the shower tray with a suitable detergent to remove any remaining greasiness (wearing protective gloves to avoid irritating your hands).
- Using other medicines This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by, other medicines.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding This product can be used during pregnancy and whilst breast-feeding.
- The ingredients have been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted. Dermol 200 Shower Emollient contains cetostearyl alcohol Cetostearyl alcohol may cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis).
- If you have previously experienced local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis) to any of the ingredients, please talk to your doctor before using this product.
How to use Dermol Shower
Use it only on the skin. For maximum benefit you should use this product on a regular basis and whenever you shower. The same instructions apply for all age groups who normally shower:-
• To use the product, remove the hooked overcap and attach it to the base of the bottle for hanging in the shower.
• Holding the bottle upside down, gently squeeze the product into the palm of your hand. For use as a soap substitute
• Use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient to wash with instead of ordinary soap or shower gel. It will not foam or lather like ordinary cosmetic products.
• After washing or showering, pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
For use as a leave-on application (eg after showering):
• Apply Dermol 200 Shower Emollient to the affected areas.
• Gently smooth into the skin.
• If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously.
• Reapply as often as required.
• If you are applying another treatment to the same areas of skin as Dermol 200 Shower Emollient, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternately, leaving sufficient time to allow the previous application to soak in. If you forget to use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use it, just carry on using the product as described the next time you require it. If the product gets into the eyes The product may cause irritation if it gets into the eyes. Rinse the eyes with plenty of water. If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing product into the other eye. If irritation persists, seek medical advice.
Always read the patient information leaflet before use
The active ingredients in this product are benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w), chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w), liquid paraffin (2.5% w/w) and isopropyl myristate (2.5% w/w). The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol and purified water.
see our other Eczema & Dermatitis Products
Like all medicines, Dermol 200 Shower Emollient can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following reactions stop using Dermol 200 Shower Emollient
and get urgent medical help: swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat; a sudden
uncharacteristic red itchy skin rash (hives) away from the site of application; wheezing or
breathing difficulty; feeling faint or dizzy; a strange metallic taste in the mouth; or collapse.
You may be having a serious allergic reaction.
This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin areas anywhere on
the body. Rarely, Dermol 200 Shower Emollient can cause skin reactions on treated areas
(involving redness, irritation and/or itching). These very rare skin reactions may become more
significant where associated with excessive use as a leave-on application in areas of folded
skin such as the groin or in the nappy area.
Stop using the shower emollient and tell your doctor or pharmacist:
• If your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
• If any of the side effects become unacceptable, or you notice any other side effects not
mentioned in this leaflet.
If you swallow Dermol 200 Shower Emollient
If you accidentally swallow the product and you then feel unwell, seek medical attention.
Do not attempt to cause vomiting.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible
side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow
Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can provide
more information on the safety of this medicine.