Daktarin Intensiv Cream 15g
- Effective Treatment for Athlete's Foot
- Active Ingredient: Ketoconazole
- Provides Protection From Skin Infections
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Daktarin Intensiv Cream is a medicine which is used to treat skin infections which may appear on the feet (Athlete’s Foot) or in the groin area (Dhobie Itch/tinea cruris). The cream rapidly relieves the itching which these fungal infections cause.
Daktarin Intensiv Cream
What Is Daktarin Intensiv Cream
Daktarin Intensiv Cream is a medicine which is used to treat skin infections which may appear on the feet (Athlete’s Foot) or in the groin area (Dhobie Itch/tinea cruris). The cream rapidly relieves the itching which these fungal infections cause. It also provides long lasting protection from Athlete’s Foot, as it will continue to work even after you have stopped using it. The cream contains the active substance, ketoconazole, which works by destroying the fungi that cause the infection.
see more on athlete’s foot on the NHS website
Before You Use Daktarin Intensiv Cream
Do not use this product if you are allergic to or have had any bad reactions to any of the ingredients of this product.
How to Store
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date on the label and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not store above 25ºC.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment
How To Use Daktarin Intensiv Cream
- Wash the infected area and dry it well (especially between the toes). As many skin conditions are contagious, you should keep a towel and flannel for your own use and not share it so that you do not infect anyone else.
- Apply the cream thinly onto the infected area and surrounding skin.
- Wash your hands carefully after applying the cream to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas, such as socks, should be washed and changed frequently.
Like all medicines, Daraktin Intensiv Cream has side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
Common (less than 1 in 10 but more than 1 in 100 people are affected):
- Itchiness or redness at the application site.
- A skin burning sensation may also occur.
Uncommon: (less than 1 in 100 but more than 1 in 1000 people are affected):
- Localised eczema (dermatitis), skin rash, sticky skin, irritation, prickling sensation, inflammation, discomfort, dryness,
bleeding or other reactions at the application site.
- Urticaria also known as hives, where the skin looks blotchy with white raised wheals (bumps surrounded by redness).
The active ingredient in 1 g of Daktarin Intensiv Cream is prescription strength: Ketoconazole 20 mg. Other ingredients are: Propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, sorbitan stearate, polysorbate 60, polysorbate 80, isopropyl myristate, sodium sulphite (E221) and purified water.