Beconase 50mcg Nasal Spray (200 dose)
- Active Ingredient: beclometasone dipropionate
- Relieves symptoms of allergic rhinitis
- Reduces swelling and inflammation in the nasal passages
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Beclomethasone nasal spray is used to relieve symptoms of sneezing, runny, stuffy, or itchy nose (rhinitis) caused by hay fever, other allergies, or vasomotor (nonallergic) rhinitis. It is also used to prevent nasal polyps (swelling of the lining of the nose) after nasal polyp removal surgery.
Buy more and save!
Buy Beconase Nasal Spray Online
My Pharmacy Is The Best Place To Buy Beconase Nasal Spray Online UK. To order Beconase Nasal Spray UK Next Day Delivery you are required to have a prescription, which you can acquire with our free online consultation service.
Buy Beconase Nasal Spray UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy You Can Buy Beconase Nasal Spray Online UK Next Day Delivery. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Beconase 50mcg Nasal Spray
Beconase 50mcg Nasal Spray (called ‘Beconase’ in this leaflet) contains a medicine called belometasone dipropionate. This belongs to a group of medicines called steroids (also known as ‘cortico-steroids’).
- Steroids work by reducing inflammation
- They reduce swelling and irritation in the nose
- This helps to relieve itching, sneezing and your blocked or runny nose.
Beconase 50mcg Nasal Spray is used to prevent and treat:
- Inflammation in the lining of the nose (rhinitis) due to seasonal allergies, such as Hayfever.
- Inflammation in the lining of the nose (rhinitis) due to year round (perennial) allergies, such as animal allergies.
The ingredient beclometasone that’s in Beconase 50mcg Nasal Spray is also available in other forms. These can range from:
- An inhaler – for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. Known as a “preventer” and are often coloured brown or beige. They help stop symptoms from appearing.
- Cream and ointments – for treatment of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Helping calm irritated, itchy and swollen skin.
- Tablets – for ulcerative colitis.
Beclometasone Nasal Spray
Corticosteroids, including the one in Beclometasone Nasal Spray, is a man-made version of hormones usually produced by the two small glands located on top of the kidneys, the adrenal glands.
They are generally used to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system response to inflammation. Long term use may bring potential side effects, including increased appetite, acne, thinned skin that bruises easily and high blood pressure.
Beclometasone Nasal Spray will only be used for allergy related symptoms. Other corticosteroids can help treat conditions like asthma, arthritis and lupus.
Beclometasone Nasal Spray BNF
The Following are cautions and guidance’s from the Beclometasone Nasal Spray BNF. The Beclometasone Nasal Spray BNF guidance states that:
- Avoid after nasal surgery (until healed and recovered); avoid in pulmonary tuberculosis; avoid in the presence of untreated nasal infections; patients transferred from systemic corticosteroids may experience exacerbation of some symptoms.
- Systemic absorption may follow nasal administration particularly if high doses are used or if treatment is prolonged; therefore also consider the cautions and side effects of systemic corticosteroids. The risk of system effects may be greater with nasal drops than with nasal spray; drops are administered incorrectly more often than sprays.
Further information can be found on the Beclometasone Nasal Spray BNF page (British National Formulary), including further interactions and cautions.
Nasal Spray Beclometasone Dipropionate
One of the main symptoms Nasal Spray Beclometasone Dipropionate treats is the inflammation of the inside of the nose. This is usually caused by an allergen, such as pollen, dust, mould or flakes of skin from specific animals and pets. It’s estimated that it affects around 1 in 5 people in the UK, with the majority occurring during periods of high pollen count.
You may want to consider using Nasal Spray Beclometasone Dipropionate if you experience any symptoms for a few months at time. This medication could ease them and provide a boost to quality of life.
In some cases if allergic rhinitis is not treat properly and is left to linger it can lead to complications, including:
- Nasal polyps – benign sacs of fluids that grow inside the sinuses and nasal passages, causing the nose to feel blocked.
- Sinusitis – an infection that prevents the mucus draining from the sinuses.
- Middle ear infections – an infection that occurs directly behind the eardrum.
Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray
Do not use Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray if:
- You are allergic to beclometasone dipropionate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Contact a doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
Other medicines and Beconase hayfever nasal spray
Before using this medication a doctor should be made aware of if you are taking or recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. This include herbal medicines.
Some medicines may increase the effects of Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray and your doctor may wish to monitor you carefully if you are taking these medicines (including some medicines for HIV: ritonavir, cobicistat).
Before using Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray check with a doctor or pharmacist if:
- You have had steroids for a long time, either by mouth or as an injection.
- You have ever had an operation on your nose.
- You have an infection in your nose.
Beclometasone Dipropionate Nasal Spray
Always use Beclometasone Dipropionate Nasal Spray exactly as your doctor had told you. Check with them if you aren’t sure.
- Do not use in children under the age of 6 years old.
- It can take a few days before the effects of Beclometasone Dipropionate Nasal Spray are felt. So keep using it, even though you may not feel any better straight away.
- The spray should be used every day.
Adults and children (aged 6 and over) should use the following amount of Beclometasone Dipropionate Nasal Spray:
- The usual starting dose is 2 sprays into each nostril twice a day.
- The most you would use ion over 24 hours is normally 8 sprays (4 sprays per nostril).
- As you become better, your doctor may ask you to use a lower dose – one spray into each nostril twice a day.
- If symptoms continue to get worse, the dose may be increased back to starting dose.
- Do not use a larger dose or use your nasal spray more often than a doctor has told you to.
If a high dose of Beclometasone Dipropionate Nasal Spray is used…
There are times where your doctor may need to adjust the dose of the steroid you are given or the way in which you take it. These times are:
- Times of extreme stress
- During admission to hospital after a serious accident, injury or illness
- Before and after a surgical operation
If any of these apply to you whilst you use Beclometasone Dipropionate Nasal Spray, speak to a doctor or pharmacist.
Beconase Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray
Preparing the Beconase Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray
- Hold the bottle upright and make sure it’s pointed away from you.
- Put your forefinger and middle finger on the collar either side of the nozzle and put your thumb underneath the bottle.
- Keep your thumb still, and press down with your fingers to the spray.
- If the spray does not work and you think it may be blocked, you will need to clean it.
- Never try to unblock or enlarge the tiny spray hole with a pin or sharp object. This will damage the way the spray works.
Using your Beconase Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray
- Shake the bottle and take off the dust cap.
- Blow your nose gently.
- Close one nostril with your finger as shown, and put the nozzle in the other nostril. Tilt your head forward slightly and keep the bottle upright.
- Start to breathe slowly through your nose. While you are breathing press down firmly on the collar with your fingers. A spray of fine mist will go into the nostril.
- Breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat the above to use a second spray in the same nostril.
- Remove the nozzle from this nostril and breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat the steps for your other nostril.
- After using your spray, wipe the nozzle carefully with a clean tissue or handkerchief, and replace the dust cap.
Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray
This specific hayfever relief nasal spray contains the following ingredients –
- The active substance is beclometasone dipropionate.
- The other hayfever relief nasal spray ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, dextrose, polysortbate 80, purified water and the preservatives benzalkonium chloride and phenylethylalcohol. These other ingredients are needed to make a stable suspension which will not go off.
Each bottle of Beconase Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray delivers over 200 sprays. Each spray contains 50 micrograms of beclometasone dipropionate.
Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray 200 Doses
Using Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray 200 Doses during pregnancy or breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray 200 Doses.
Driving and using machines when taking Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray 200 Doses
Beconase is not likely to affect you being able to drive or use any tools or machines.
Beconase Hayfever Nasal Spray 200 Doses contains benazlkonium chloride
Beconase contains benzalkonium chloride which may cause problems with your breathing.
Beclometasone Nasal Spray Over The Counter
Beclometasone Nasal Spray Over The Counter isn’t available as it’s a prescription only medication. There are other Beconase Nasal Spray over the counter that are available in smaller doses.
In order to purchase Beclometasone Nasal Spray over the counter via My Pharmacy online, you’ll first need to complete a consultation. This makes sure that the medication is suitable for our current situation.
Beconase Nasal Spray Side Effects
Like with all medications, Beconase Nasal Spray Side Effects can occur, but not everyone will experience them. If any Beconase Nasal Spray Side Effects are experienced and begin to get progressively worse, stop taking this medicine and contact a doctor.
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following signs of an allergic reaction:
- Becoming very wheezy or having difficulty breathing
- Swelling around the face or throat
Immediately after using the spray you may experience:
- Sneeze a little, but this will soon stop.
- Very occasionally may experience an unpleasant taste or smell.
Common Beconase Nasal Spray Side Effects
- Dry or painful nose or throat.
- Bad nose bleeds.
- Mild allergic reactions including skin rashes or redness, itching or weals like nettle rash or hives.
Very Rare Beconase Nasal Spray Side Effects
- Damage to the nose
- Cloudy lens in the eye
- Increased pressure in the eye
Check if you have hay fever
Symptoms of hay fever include:
sneezing and coughing
a runny or blocked nose
itchy, red or watery eyes
itchy throat, mouth, nose and ears
loss of smell
pain around your temples and forehead
If you have asthma, you might also:
have a tight feeling in your chest
be short of breath
wheeze and cough
Hay fever will last for weeks or months, unlike a cold, which usually goes away after 1 to 2 weeks.
How to treat hay fever yourself
There’s currently no cure for hay fever and you can’t prevent it. But you can do things to ease your symptoms when the pollen count is high.
put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
shower and change your clothes after you’ve been outside to wash pollen off
stay indoors whenever possible
keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a special HEPA filter
cut grass or walk on grass
spend too much time outside
keep fresh flowers in the house
smoke or be around smoke – it makes your symptoms worse
dry clothes outside – they can catch pollen
let pets into the house if possible – they can carry pollen indoors
– Eye problems, such as pain or blurred vision
– Nasal problems, such as pain or persistent bleeding
– Irritation of the nose or throat
– Noticing unpleasant tastes or smells
These side effects are rare, affecting up to 1 in 1000. If you are concerned about any of these side effects, or if the medicine affects you in any other way, stop using it and speak with your doctor or pharmacist.