Beconase 50mcg Nasal Spray (200 dose)
- Active Ingredient: beclometasone dipropionate
- Relieves symptoms of allergic rhinitis
- Reduces swelling and inflammation in the nasal passages
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Beclomethasone nasal spray is used to relieve symptoms of sneezing, runny, stuffy, or itchy nose (rhinitis) caused by hay fever, other allergies, or vasomotor (nonallergic) rhinitis. It is also used to prevent nasal polyps (swelling of the lining of the nose) after nasal polyp removal surgery.
How does Beconase work?
Beconase contains a medicine called beclometasone dipropionate. This belongs to a group of medicines called steroids
(also called ‘cortico-steroids’).
• steroids work by reducing inflammation, reduce swelling and irritation in your nose
• this helps to relieve itching, sneezing and your blocked or runny nose.
beclometasone is used to prevent and treat:
• Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to seasonal allergies, such as Hayfever.
• Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to year round (perennial) allergies, such as animal allergies.
Beconase nasal spray is absorbed directly into the nasal passages, which inhibits their ability to produce an allergic response.
It can take 2-3 days before you experience the full effect of Beclometasone. For this reason, it is advised to commence treatment 2-3 days before you need it.
If you suffer from allergic rhinitis, you can experience a number of unpleasant symptoms both during the day and at night. This can impact negatively on your quality of life. Using Beconase Nasal Spray will effectively help to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and other allergies.
For more information about Allergies, click here.
How to use?
How much to use – adults and children (aged 6 and over)
• The usual starting dose is 2 sprays into each nostril twice a day and no more than 8 sprays within 24 hours .
• As you become better, your doctor may ask you to use a lower dose – one spray into each nostril
twice a day.
• If your symptoms then get worse, your dose may be increased back to the starting dose.
• Do not use a larger dose or use your nasal spray more often than your doctor tells you.
For maximum benefit, Beconase Nasal Spray should be used regularly whilst you continue to be exposed to the rhinitis triggering allergen. This will help keep your symptoms under control.
Follow the instructions provided with the nasal spray. It is advised to shake the bottle gently before each use.
See our full range of allergy relief treatments.
Check if you have hay fever
Symptoms of hay fever include:
sneezing and coughing
a runny or blocked nose
itchy, red or watery eyes
itchy throat, mouth, nose and ears
loss of smell
pain around your temples and forehead
If you have asthma, you might also:
have a tight feeling in your chest
be short of breath
wheeze and cough
Hay fever will last for weeks or months, unlike a cold, which usually goes away after 1 to 2 weeks.
How to treat hay fever yourself
There’s currently no cure for hay fever and you can’t prevent it. But you can do things to ease your symptoms when the pollen count is high.
put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
shower and change your clothes after you’ve been outside to wash pollen off
stay indoors whenever possible
keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a special HEPA filter
cut grass or walk on grass
spend too much time outside
keep fresh flowers in the house
smoke or be around smoke – it makes your symptoms worse
dry clothes outside – they can catch pollen
let pets into the house if possible – they can carry pollen indoors
– Eye problems, such as pain or blurred vision
– Nasal problems, such as pain or persistent bleeding
– Irritation of the nose or throat
– Noticing unpleasant tastes or smells
These side effects are rare, affecting up to 1 in 1000. If you are concerned about any of these side effects, or if the medicine affects you in any other way, stop using it and speak with your doctor or pharmacist.