How does Beconase work?
Beconase contains a medicine called beclometasone dipropionate. This belongs to a group of medicines called steroids
(also called ‘cortico-steroids’).
• steroids work by reducing inflammation, reduce swelling and irritation in your nose
• this helps to relieve itching, sneezing and your blocked or runny nose.
beclometasone is used to prevent and treat:
• Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to seasonal allergies, such as Hayfever.
• Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to year round (perennial) allergies, such as animal allergies.
Beconase nasal spray is absorbed directly into the nasal passages, which inhibits their ability to produce an allergic response.
It can take 2-3 days before you experience the full effect of Beclometasone. For this reason, it is advised to commence treatment 2-3 days before you need it.
If you suffer from allergic rhinitis, you can experience a number of unpleasant symptoms both during the day and at night. This can impact negatively on your quality of life. Using Beconase Nasal Spray will effectively help to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and other allergies.
For more information about Allergies, click here.
How to use?
How much to use – adults and children (aged 6 and over)
• The usual starting dose is 2 sprays into each nostril twice a day and no more than 8 sprays within 24 hours .
• As you become better, your doctor may ask you to use a lower dose – one spray into each nostril
twice a day.
• If your symptoms then get worse, your dose may be increased back to the starting dose.
• Do not use a larger dose or use your nasal spray more often than your doctor tells you.
For maximum benefit, Beconase Nasal Spray should be used regularly whilst you continue to be exposed to the rhinitis triggering allergen. This will help keep your symptoms under control.
Follow the instructions provided with the nasal spray. It is advised to shake the bottle gently before each use.
See our full range of allergy relief treatments.