Most men experience erectile dysfunction (ED) at some point in their lives. This happens when there is a reduced blood flow to the penis which can be a one-off, sign of an underlying health condition or just a natural part of ageing. Sildenafil tablets (generic Viagra) treat erectile dysfunction by increasing the blood flow to the penis, resulting in a harder, longer lasting erection. Sildenafil 100mg tablets are a convenient and effective treatment for men with persistent impotence problems, helping to improve performance and confidence.
Sildenafil is the generic equivalent of Pfizers drug, Viagra which means it has the exact same active ingredient and therefore is equally as effective and equally as safe. In the UK there are strict quality controls before a product licence is granted for brand (trade) named or generic versions of medicines. This Ensures that a generic or brand name version of the same medicine will be of the same quality, and have the same action.
What is Sildenafil?
Sildenafil 100mg is a treatment for adult men with erectile dysfunction, sometimes known as impotence.
Sildenafil tablets contain the active substance Sildenafil Citrate which belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) inhibitors. It works by helping to relax the blood vessels in your penis, allowing blood to flow into your penis when you get sexually excited. Sildenafil will only help you to get an erection if you are sexually stimulated.
Sildenafil with food, drink and alcohol
Sildenafil can be taken with or without food. However, you may find that sildenafil takes longer to start working if you take it with a heavy meal.
Drinking alcohol can temporarily impair your ability to get an erection. To get the maximum benefit from your medicine, you are advised not to drink excessive amounts of alcohol before taking sildenafil.
- The recommended starting dose is 50mg.
- You should not take sildenafil more than once a day.
- Do not take sildenafil film-coated tablets in combination with sildenafil containing orodispersible tablets or other erectile dysfunction medication.
- You should take sildenafil about one hour before you plan to have sex. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. The tablet can be divided into equal halves.
Sildenafil will only help you to get an erection if you are sexually stimulated. The amount of time Viagra sildenafil takes to work varies from person to person, but it normally takes between half an hour and one hour. You may find that sildenafil takes longer to work if you take it with a heavy meal.
The tablet can be divided into equal halves.
The benefits of sildenafil or viagra include:
- Improved ability to achieve and maintain an erection
- Increased confidence in your ability to achieve and maintain an erection
- Improved hardness of erection
- Readiness for sexual activity in as little as 60 minutes
Viagra has been developed for use by men:
- Regardless of age
- No matter how severe erectile dysfunction may be
- Who have undergone a prostatectomy (or have had partial removal of the prostate)