Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets 20mg (7)
- Active Ingredient: Pantoprazole
- Provides Short Term Relief
- Effective Relief From Heartburn
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Pantoloc Control contains the active substance pantoprazole, which blocks the ‘pump’ that produces stomach acid. Hence it reduces the amount of acid in your stomach. This medicine is used for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms.
Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets 20mg
What Is Pantoloc Control?
Pantoloc Control contains the active substance pantoprazole, which blocks the ‘pump’ that produces stomach acid. Hence it reduces the amount of acid in your stomach. This medicine is used for the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (for example heartburn, acid regurgitation) in adults. You may experience relief from your acid reflux and heartburn symptoms after just one day of treatment with Pantoloc Control, but this medicine is not meant to bring immediate relief. It may be necessary to take the tablets for 2–3 consecutive days to relieve the symptoms
See more information on heartburn on the NHS website.
Before You Use Pantoloc Control
Do NOT use this medicine if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine listed further below.
- are taking HIV protease inhibitors such as atazanavir, nelfinavir (for the treatment of HIV-infection).
How To Use
The recommended dose is one tablet a day. Do not exceed this recommended dose of 20 mg pantoprazole daily.
- Take the tablet before a meal, at the same time every day.
- You should swallow the tablet whole with some water.
- Do not chew or break the tablet.
Like all medicines, Pantoloc Control Gastro-Resistant Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- Benign polyps in the stomach
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- feeling sick
- bloating and flatulence (wind)
- dry mouth
- bellyache and discomfort
- skin rash or hives
- feeling weak, exhausted or generally unwell
- sleep disorders
- increase in liver enzymes in a blood test
- fracture in the hip, wrist or spine.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1000 people):
- distortion or complete lack of the sense of taste
- disturbances in vision such as blurred vision
- pain in the joints
- muscle pains
- weight changes
- raised body temperature
- swelling of the extremities
- increased bilirubin and fat levels in blood (seen in blood test)
- breast enlargement in males
- high fever and a sharp drop in circulating granular white blood cells (seen in blood test)
Very Rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
- reduction in the number of blood platelets, which may cause you to bleed or bruise more than normal
- reduction in the number of white blood cells, which may lead to more frequent infections
- coexisting abnormal reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets (seen in blood tests).
Frequency not known:
- confusion (especially in patients with a history of these symptoms)
- decreased level of sodium in blood
- decreased level of magnesium in blood
- rash, possibly with pain in the joints
The active substance is pantoprazole. Each tablet contains 20 mg pantoprazole (as sodium sesquihydrate).
The other ingredients are:
Core: sodium carbonate (anhydrous), mannitol, crospovidone, povidone K90, calcium stearate.
Coating: hypromellose, povidone, titanium dioxide (E 171), yellow iron oxide (E 172), propylene glycol, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, sodium lauril sulfate, polysorbate 80, triethyl citrate.
Printing ink: shellac, red, black and yellow iron oxide (E 172), and ammonia solution, concentrated.