Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum (96)
- Helps Against Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms
- Safer Alternative To Cigarettes
- Easy To Take
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum
What Is Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum?
Nicotinell Mint 4mg medicated chewing-gum is a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) which is used to help you to stop smoking. It is available in two strengths (2mg and 4mg) and five flavours (Fruit, mint, Icemint, Liquorice and Classic). Thew chewing gum contains nicotine, which is one of the substances in tobacco. hen chewed, nicotine is released slowly and absorbed through the lining of the mouth. Nicotinell chewing-gum does not contain the other harmful substances found in tobacco smoke such as tar and carbon monoxide.
See more on stopping smoking on the NHS website.
Before You Use Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum
Do NOT use Nicotinell Mint 4mg chewing gum if you are:
- allergic to nicotine or any other ingredients listed further below
- A non-smoker or occasional smoker
- Under 12 years of age, except on the advice of a doctor
How to Store Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum
- Keep out of sight and reach of children and animals. Nicotine in high doses can be very dangerous and sometimes fatal if taken by children
- Do not store Nicorette gum above 25ºC
- Do not use the gum after the ‘Use before’ date on the box
- Dispose by warpping used gum in paper and putting it into a waste bin
Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum Side Effects
Common side-effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- dizziness and headache
- increased saliva production
- irritation of the mouth and throat
Uncommon side-effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- red skin rash
- itching of raised bumps of the skin
Rare side-effects (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
- disturbance in heart beat rhythm
- allergic reactions
How To Use Nicotinell Mint 4mg Chewing Gum
Adults and children aged 12 and over:
- Chew one piece of gum slowly until the taste becomes strong
- Rest between your gum and cheek
- Chew again when taste has faded
- Repeat this routine for about 30 minutes
The average amount of 4mg gum taken a day is 8-12.
The active ingredient is: Nicotine.
Other ingredients are: gum base, calcium carbonate (E170), sorbitol (E420), sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate (E500), glycerol (E422), levomenthol, butylhydroxytoluene (E321), saccharin, saccharin sodium (E954), acesulfame potassium (E950), xylitol (E967), mannitol (E421), gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), carnauba wax (E903), talc (E553b), water.