Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint (25)
- Safer Alternative To Cigarettes
- Helps Prevent Nicotine Wihtdrawal Symptoms
- Easy To Use
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Nicorette 2mg gum is a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). It is used to relieve and /or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke. Ideally you should always aim to stop smoking.
Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint
What Is Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint Used For?
Nicorette 2mg gum is a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). It is used to relieve and /or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke. Ideally you should always aim to stop smoking. You can use Nicorette inhalator to achieve this by using it to completely replace all your cigarettes.
See more information on stopping smoking on the NHS website.
Before You Use Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint
Do NOT use Nicorette 15mg Inhalator if you:
- have an allergy to nicotine or any of the other ingredients.
- are a child under 12 years of age.
How to Store Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint
- Keep Nicorette gum out of sight and reach of children and animals. Nicotine in high doses can be very dangerous and sometimes fatal if taken by children.
- Do not store Nicorette gum above 25ºC.
- Do not use the gum after the ‘Use before’ date on the box.
- For the gums in loose-filled cardboard boxes, dispose of within 3 months of opening.
- Dispose of Nicorette gum sensibly.
Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint Side Effects
Nicorette gum can sometimes cause a slight irritation of the throat at the start of the treatment. It may also cause increased salivation. The gum may occasionally stick to dentures and in rare cases damage them.
Very common side-effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
- throat irritation
- (feeling sick) nausea
- sore mouth or throat
Common side-effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- allergic reactions (hypersensitivity)
- taste disturbance or loss of taste
- tingling or numbness of the hands and feet
- stomach pain or discomfort
- dry mouth
- excessive gas or wind
- increased salivation
- sore and inflamed mouth
- sickness (vomiting)
- burning sensation in the mouth
- tiredness (fatigue)
Uncommon side-effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- abnormal dream
- sudden reddening of the face and/or neck
- high blood pressure
- sudden constriction of the small airways of the lung that can cause wheezing and shortness of breath
- loss or damage to voice
- blocked nose, sneezing
- throat tightness
- burping (belching)
- swollen, red, sore tongue
- mouth ulcers or blisters
- numbness or tingling of the mouth
- unusual weakness
- hives (urticaria)
- excessive sweating
- jaw-muscle ache
- chest discomfort and pain
- general feeling of discomfort or being unwell or out of sorts (malaise)
Rare side-effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- difficulty in swallowing
- decreased feeling or sensitivity, especially in the mouth
- feeling of wanting to be sick (vomit)
How To Use Nicorette 2mg Gum Freshmint
Adults and children aged 12 and over:
- Chew slowly until taste becomes strong.
- Rest between gum and cheek.
- Chew again when the taste has faded.
- Keep chewing like this for about half an hour. After this time the gum will have lost its strength and you should dispose of it carefully
The active ingredient is: Nicotine.
Other ingredients are: Chewing gum base, xylitol, acesulfame potassium, sodium carbonate, peppermint oil, menthol, polacrilin, magnesium oxide, titanium dioxide E171 (white colour), talc, acacia and carnauba wax. The chewing gum base contains butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), an anti-oxidant.