Freederm Spot & Acne Gel 25g
- Active Ingredient: Nicotinamide
- Topical Acne Treatment
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Freederm Spot & Acne Gel is a skin treatment for inflamed pimples and spots,The medical term for this condition is mild to moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris.
Freederm Spot & Acne Gel 25g
What Freederm Gel Is And What It Is Used For
Freederm Spot & Acne Gel is a skin treatment for inflamed pimples and spots.
- The medical term for this condition is mild to moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris. It involves inflamed pimples (papules) and spots containing pus (pustules), often with skin redness (erythema) and some tenderness. The condition occurs mainly on the face, back and chest
- Freederm Gel is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly
- The active ingredient in this product is nicotinamide. This ingredient treats pimples and spots by its anti-inflammatory activity, which reduces swelling, redness and tenderness
- Nicotinamide is not an antibiotic, it is related to an essential vitamin in our diet (Vitamin B3)
See more information on Acne on the NHS website.
Before You Use Freederm Gel
Do not use Freederm Gel:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to nicotinamide or any of the other ingredients
- Take care when using this product
- Only apply it to your skin
- When using it on your face, keep it away from your eyes, and avoid getting it inside your nostrils, on your lips or inside your mouth
- Depending on how sensitive your skin tends to be, it may be a good idea initially to test the gel on a small area, and wait 24 hours before using it on larger areas. This is especially advisable if you have unusually sensitive skin or if you are treating the face (as generally applies when using any new treatment for the first time)
- If you have groups of spots that are very inflamed and painful causing lots of damage to your skin, you may have severe acne. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice about alternative treatments
How To Use Freederm Gel
For adults, children and the elderly:
- Apply the gel twice daily over and around the affected skin areas as follows:
- Wash the area
- Gently pat the skin dry (avoid rubbing as this may aggravate the skin)
- Apply a thin film of gel, and gently massage it in
- Continue using the gel twice daily in this way for as long as necessary
- Depending on the severity of your acne, it can take several weeks for the skin’s normal repair process to work before you see a real improvement. If there is no improvement within 12 weeks, or if your condition gets worse at any stage, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice
Freederm Gel ingredients
- The active ingredient is nicotinamide (4% w/w). The other ingredients are aluminium magnesium silicate, hypromellose, citric acid, macrogol lauryl ether, ethanol and purified water
See our other skin treatments, here.
See our vitamin and supplements range.
Although Freederm Gel has been specially designed for use on all skin types including problem skin, it can cause side effects,
although not everybody gets them.
• Occasionally, susceptible individuals can experience local skin dryness. If this is unacceptable, or causes irritation or
peeling, try applying the gel only once a day or every other day.
• Very occasionally, allergic reactions such as itching (pruritus), redness (erythema), swelling or burning sensations can occur.