Co-codamol 8mg/500mg Effervescent / Soluble Tablets (32)
£3.89 – £10.99
- Treats Acute Moderate Pain
- Active Ingredient: Codeine Phosphate And Paracetamol
- For Short-Term Use
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
We all suffer physical ailments from time to time, whether it be toothache, headache, migraine, period pain, neuralgia, rheumatic or muscle pain. Co-codamol Effervescent / Soluble Tablets contain codeine which is an opioid analgesic (or painkiller) that treats acute moderate pain head on. Co-codamol is intended for use when other painkillers have not worked and stronger pain relief is needed. Effervescent (or soluble) co-codamol is already broken down when it is dissolved in liquid and then drunk, which means that it gets to work much faster than ordinary co-codamol. Take the recommended dosage and you’ll soon feel your pain symptoms reduced, allowing you to carry on with your day. Please note that due to its addictive nature, co-codamol is for short-term use only and should not be taken for any longer than 3 days.
What is Co-codamol used for?
Co-codamol effervescent contains two different medicines called codeine and paracetamol.
Codeine belongs to a group of medicines called opioid analgesics which act to relieve pain.
Co-codamol effervescent is used for the short-term treatment of acute moderate pain caused by headaches, migraine, toothache, neuralgia, period pain and rheumatic pains when other painkillers have not worked.
What causes pain?
Pain is you body’s way of telling you it needs attention. However it can be unpleasant and distracting. You may be able to battle your way through. Others may not. There are several different types of pain. Acute or chronic pain comes on suddenly and is usually short lived. For example a sprain or broken bone. You may also get muscular pain. Another type is back pain. All can be treated with c-codamol.
Dosage for Co-codamol effervescent
Always take co-codamol exactly as instructed on this leaflet. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Dissolve the effervescent tablets in a glass of water before taking
Adults and the elderly: 2 tablets every 4 hours when necessary up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Children aged 16 to 18 years: 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours when necessary up to a maximum of four doses in 24 hours.
Children aged 12 to 15 years: 1 tablet every 6 hours when necessary to a maximum of four doses in 24 hours.
This medicine should not be taken for more than 3 days. If the pain does not improve after 3 days,
talk to your doctor for advice.Co-codamol should not be given to children under 12 years of age due to the risk of severe breathing problems.
See our other pain treatments.
Stop taking co-codamol and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if:
• You get swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing. You could also notice an itchy, lumpy rash (hives) or nettle like rash.
This may mean you are having an allergic reaction to co-codamol
• You get serious skin reactions. Very rare cases have been reported.
Talk to your doctor straight away if you notice any of the following serious side effects:
• Severe stomach pain, which may reach through to your back. This could be a sign of inflammation of
the pancreas (pancreatitis). This is a very rare side effect.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days:
• Constipation, feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting)
• Dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness, confusion
• Difficulty in passing water
• You get infections or bruise more easily than usual.
How do I know if I am addicted?
If you take this medicine according to the instructions on the pack it is unlikely that you will become
addicted to the medicine. However, if the following apply to you it is important that you talk to your
• You need to take the medicine for longer periods of time
• You need to take more than the recommended dose
• When you stop taking this medicine you feel very unwell but you feel better if you start taking the