What are Joy-Rides travel tablets used for?
Joy-Rides travel tablets provide fast relief from motion sickness. The active ingredient is hyoscine hydrobromide which acts on the brain to prevent the messages of travel sickness from reaching the stomach.
How do I use Joy-Rides travel sickness tablets?
For the first dose use 1-2 tablets, repeat after six hours if necessary.
Do not take more than 4 tablets in 24 hours.
Read about travel sickness on the NHS web site, see below.
- minimise motion – sit in the front of a car or in the middle of a boat
- look straight ahead at a fixed point, such as the horizon
- breathe fresh air if possible – for example, by opening a car window
- close your eyes and breathe slowly while focusing on your breathing
- distract children by talking, listening to music or singing songs
- break up long journeys to get some fresh air, drink water or take a walk
- try ginger, which you can take as a tablet, biscuit or tea
Motion sickness is caused by repeated movements when travelling, like going over bumps in a car or moving up and down in a boat.
The inner ear sends different signals to your brain from those your eyes are seeing. These confusing messages cause you to feel unwell.
See our other stomach treatments