Valupak Vitamins Folic Acid 400mcg (90)
- Active Ingredient: Folic Acid
- Effectively treats folate deficiency anaemia
- Contributes to normal psychological function
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
These vitamin tablets are designed for women of child-bearing age, this product provides 400µg/mcg Folic Acid daily. Supplemental Folic Acid intake increases maternal folate status.
What Valupak Vitamins Folic Acid Are And What They Are Used For
These vitamin tablets are designed for women of child-bearing age, this product provides 400µg/mcg Folic Acid daily. Supplemental Folic Acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing baby. Folic Acid also plays a role in cell division and also contributes to normal psychological function and normal blood formation.
They can also be used to treat folate deficiency anaemia caused by poor diet, poor absorption of food (such as in coeliac disease or a digestive disorder called sprue). Or to prevent folate deficiency caused by some medicines (e.g. those used to treat epilepsy such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and primidone).
Folic Acid Tablet Consumption Precautions
DO NOT take Folic Acid Tablets if you have:
- an allergy (hypersensitivity) to folic acid or any of the other ingredients in the tablets
- an untreated vitamin B12 deficiency such as in certain anaemias and lifelong vegetarians
- pernicious anaemia (a form of anaemia caused by lack of vitamin B12 ) or another condition caused by vitamin B12 deficiency
- a malignant (cancerous) disease.
Check with your doctor before taking Folic Acid Tablets if you:
- have a folate dependent tumour
- are pregnant
- have any disease that reduces the amount of vitamin B12 in the body.
How To Take Folic Acid Tablets
Take one Valupak Folic Acid tablet every day. For the most effective consumption, take with food or a sip of water or another cool drink. Do not take more than the recommended daily dose of this product. If you are still unsure or skeptical, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you (or someone else) swallow a lot of the tablets at the same time, or you think a child may have swallowed any, contact your nearest hospital casualty department or tell your doctor immediately
- If you forget to take a dose take it as soon as you remember it and then take the next dose at the right time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Possible Side Effects
Like all medicines, Folic Acid can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects with Folic Acid Tablets may include:
- Allergic reaction (hypersensitivity) e.g. itchy/red skin, rash.
- Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic reaction) – swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat or difficulty breathing or swallowing, shock (cold sweaty skin, weak pulse, dry mouth, dilated pupils).
- Stomach and intestines: loss of appetite, feeling sick, a bloated feeling, wind.
Storing Folic Acid Tablets
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C in a dry place.
- Protect from light.
- Do not use Folic Acid tablets after the expiry date stated on the label/carton/bottle. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
The active ingredient in Valupak Vitamins Folic Acid are Dextrose (Bulking Agent), Microcrystalline Cellulose (Bulking Agent), Magnesium Stearate (Anti-Caking Agent) and Folic Acid.