Otrivine Childs Nasal Drops
- Active Ingredients: Xylometazoline
- Relieves Nasal Congestion
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Otrivine Child Nasal Drops contain the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
What Otrivine Childs Nasal Drops is and what it is used for
Otrivine Child Nasal Drops are for application in the nose to give relief from:
• nasal congestion (blocked nose, including colds)
• perennial and allergic rhinitis (recurring inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, including hay fever)
Otrivine contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
Before you use Otrivine Childs Nasal Drops
DO NOT use the drops if your child:
• is under 6 years old
• is allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the drops
• has an inflamed nasal passage
• is allergic to other decongestants
• has had recent neurosugery or nasal surgery
• has heart disease or hypertension
• has diabetes
• has hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland)
• has closed angle glaucoma
• has phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the nerves associated with the hormone glands)
• is taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or has stopped taking them in the last 14 days
• is taking betablockers
How to use Otrivine Childs Nasal Drops
Otrivine Dosage: For children aged 6–12 years: 1 to 2 drops in each nostril once or twice daily. Not more than 2 doses should be given in any 24 hours.
Always read the patient informations leaflet before use.
Otrivine Childs Ingredients
What the Drops contain: The active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.05% w/v). The other ingredients are sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, sodium acid phosphate, disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride, sorbitol, hypromellose and water.
Like all medicines, Otrivine Child Nasal Drops can cause
side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Local discomfort may be felt after applying the drops
if you have sensitive nasal passages.
If your child experiences hallucinations, restlessness
or sleep disturbances stop using Otrivine Child Nasal
Occasionally the following side effects have been
• A burning sensation in the nose and throat
• local irritation
• dryness of the nasal membranes.
Palpitations, changes in heart rhythm or increased blood
pressure may also occur, especially if you have heart
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice
any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell
your doctor or pharmacist