Piriteze Allergy Syrup (70ml)
- Effective Allergy Relief
- Active Ingredient: Cetirzine
- For Children 6 + Years
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Piriteze Allergy Syrup is used to treat the allergic symptoms of hayfever (itchy or watery eyes, sneezing and a runny nose) and other allergies e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies.
27 in stock
What Piriteze Allergy Syrup does
Piriteze Allergy Syrup is used to treat the allergic symptoms of hayfever (itchy or watery eyes, sneezing and a runny nose) and other allergies e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies. It can also be used to relieve the rashes and itching of chronic urticaria (hives). The active ingredient is cetirizine hydrochloride, an antihistamine which can help to relieve the symptoms of some allergies and itchy skin rashes
See more information on Allergies
How to take Piriteze Allergy Syrup
Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over: Take two 5 ml spoonfuls once daily.
Children aged between 6 and 12 years: Give one 5 ml spoonful twice daily – morning and evening.
Children under 6 years: Not recommended.
For people with moderate kidney problems: Take one 5 ml spoonful once daily.
Do not take Piriteze Allergy Syrup:
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to antihistamines or to any of the other ingredients
• if you have severe kidney problems
Take special care with Piriteze Allergy Syrup
• If you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
• Be careful when drinking alcohol while using Piriteze Allergy Syrup. It can increase the effects of drinking.
• Do not drive or operate machinery if the syrup makes you feel drowsy.
• If you have kidney problems as you may need to take a lower dose.
• If you are epileptic or at risk of convulsions (fits).
• If you are having an allergy skin test you need to wait 3 days after taking Piriteze Allergy Syrup.
• If you have an enlarged prostate. It may increase the risk of having difficulty passing water.
Piriteze Allergy Syrup Ingredients
Active ingredient Each 5 ml dose contains Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5 mg. Other ingredients Glycerol, propylene glycol, sorbitol (E 420), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 218), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E 216), sodium acetate, acetic acid, saccharin sodium, banana flavour and purified water. Methyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoates (E 218 and E 216) may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
See our other Child and Baby Products
Like all medicines, Piriteze Allergy Syrup can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
Stop taking the medicine and seek immediate medical help if you experience:
• Sudden signs of an allergic reaction such as developing a rash, swelling of the mouth or face or
• Bruising or bleeding more easily than normal
• Convulsions or fits
• Loss of consciousness.
Stop taking the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
Confusion, hallucinations, abnormal liver function tests, rapid heartbeat.
The following side effects may occur:
Common: Headache or dizziness, drowsiness or tiredness, restlessness, dry mouth, sore throat,
abdominal pain, diarrhoea, nausea [feeling sick], runny nose.
Uncommon: Agitation, weakness, malaise, pins and needles, itching, rash or hives.
Rare: Aggression, depression, weight gain, swelling, insomnia, movement disorders including tremor,
muscle spasm and tics.
Very Rare: Taste disorder, blurred vision, eye movement disorder, difficult or painful or involuntary
At a very low frequency that cannot be estimated:
Increased appetite, nightmares, inflammation of the liver, skin eruptions, joint pain, memory loss,
difficulty passing water or a feeling of dizziness. In very rare cases people have had suicidal thoughts
when taking this medicine. If you experience these, stop taking the medicine and see your doctor.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side
effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme
at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple
App Store. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this