Orajel Mouth Gel 5.3g
- Active Ingredient: Benzocaine
- Effective Treatment For Mouth Ulcers
- Reduces Pain Related To Ulcers and Wearing Dentures
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
It provides relief by numbing the area and therefore reducing the pain. Orajel Mouth Gel is used to temporarily reduce the pain, tenderness and discomfort of mouth ulcers and from wearing dentures.
Orajel Mouth Gel
What Is Orajel Mouth Gel?
Orajel Mouth Gel contains benzocaine at a concentration of 10% w/w. Benzocaine belongs to a group of medicines called local anaesthetics. It provides relief by numbing the area and therefore reducing the pain. Orajel Mouth Gel is used to temporarily reduce the pain, tenderness and discomfort of mouth ulcers and from wearing dentures.
whilst using the gel there are other things you can do at home to help improve mouth ulcers this includes:
- use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- drink cool drinks through a straw
- eat softer foods
- get regular dental check-ups
- eat a healthy, balanced diet
See more information on mouth ulcers on the NHS website
How To Use Orajel Mouth Gel
For adults and children 12 years and over: remove cap, cut open tip of tube and with a clean finger apply an amount of gel the size of a green pea to the affected area. You can do this up to a maximum of 4 times a day. Avoid taking hot drinks whilst using this product
Before You Use Orajel
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed further below, do not use Orajel
- Do not in children below the age of 12
- This product is intended for short-term use until you can get to a dentist. It shold not be used continuously . Do not use for more than 4 days at a time
- If pain persists, please connsult your dentist
Orajel Mouth Gel Side Effects
Like all medicines, Orajel Mouth Gel can cause side effects, though not everybody gets them. Some of the side effects of using Orajel include:
- Rare – Skin irritation
- Very Rare – A condition called methaemoglobinaemia (difficulty converting a component of your blood called mathaemoglobin to haemoglobin)
- If you notice an allergic reaction (burning, stinging, itching and/or a rash) stop using the gel and contact your doctor or dentist immediately
The active ingredients in Orajel include: 10% w/w of Benzocaine, Macrogol 400, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Saccharin (E954), Chlorothymol, Eugenol, Passion Fruit Flavour, Sorbic Acid (E200), and FD&C Red No 40.