Nurofen Express Period Pain 200mg Soft Capsules (16)
- Effective Period Pain Relief Treatment
- Soft Capsules - Easy To Take
- Lasts Up To 8 Hours
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
This medicine is used for the relief from period pain and associated symptoms such as Cramps, Muscular pain,Backache, Headache and migraine pain.
Nurofen Express Period Pain
What is Nurofen Express Period Pain
The active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) is Ibuprofen. It belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Nurofen Express Period Pain is used for the relief from period pain and associated symptoms:
- Muscular pain
- Headache and migraine pain
See more information on pain killers on the NHS website
Before You Use Nurofen Express Period Pain
Do NOT take this medicine if you:
- are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients or to aspirin or other painkillers
- have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines
- have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- are taking other NSAID painkillers or more than 75mg aspirin a day
- have severe liver or kidney problems
- have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation disorder.
- have breathing difficulties
- are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- are under 12 years old.
How To Take Nurofen Express Period Pain
This product is for short term use only. You should take the lowest dose for the shortest time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
- Take 1 or 2 capsules with water, up to three times a day as required.
- Leave at least four hours between doses.
- Do not take more than 6 capsules in 24 hours.
- Do not give to children under 12 years
In children and adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
- If in children and adolescents Nurofen Express Period Pain is required for more than 3 days, or if symptoms
worsen a doctor should be consulted.
- Do not take for longer than 10 days unless your doctor tells you to.
- If symptoms persist or the pain worsens, or if any new symptoms occur, consult your doctor or pharmacist
Like all medicines, Nurofen Express Period Pain can have side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
STOP TAKING the medicine and seek immediate medical help if you develop:
- signs of intestinal bleeding such as: bright red faeces (stools/motions), black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
- signs of serious allergic reaction such as:
– difficulties in breathing or unexplained wheezing
– dizziness or faster heartbeat,
– severe skin reaction (rashes, itchiness, peeling, flaking or blistering)
– swelling of your face or throat
- a severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome can occur. Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells).
Tell your doctor if you experience:
- fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, mouth ulcers, headache, a stiff neck, vomiting, unexplained bleeding and bruising, severe exhaustion.
- indigestion, stomach or abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea, flatulence or if you feel sick, chest pain or fast, irregular heart beat.
- liver and kidney problems associated with swelling in your arms and legs.
Medicines such as Nurofen Express Period Pain may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack (“myocardial infarction”) or stroke. If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Each capsule contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen 200mg. They also contain: Macrogol 600, Potassium hydroxide 50% solution (E525), Gelatin, Sorbitol Liquid, Partially Dehydrated (E420), Purified Water, Ponceau 4R (E124), Lecithin (E322) or Phosphatidylcholine in Medium Chain Triglycerides, Triglycerides (medium chain), Ethanol, White ink (Titanium Dioxide (E171), Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate, Macrogol 400, Ammonium hydroxide (E527), Propylene Glycol).