Liquid Paraffin 150ml
- Aids The Passing Of Stools
- Suitable For Children Ages 3 And Over
- Effective Relief From Constipation
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Liquid Paraffin is a drug which has been used for many years in order to treat constipation. It does this by acting as a lubricant to aid the passing of stools in those that find it painful or uncomfortable when doing so.
Only 3 left in stock
What Is Liquid Paraffin?
Liquid Paraffin is a drug which has been used for many years in order to treat constipation. It does this by acting as a lubricant to aid the passing of stools in those that find it painful or uncomfortable when doing so. This medicine does not treat other symptoms associated with constipation such as abdominal pains or flatulence. It is recommended to use this medicine on children with constipation as they tend to make their case worse by avoiding going for bowel movements due to the pain.
See more information on constipation on the NHS website.
Before You Use Liquid Paraffin
Do NOT use this medicine:
- if you have an allergy to any of the ingredients listed further below.
- if your child is under 3 years old.
- for long periods of time.
How To Use
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 2 to 6 x 5ml spoonfuls when needed.
Children aged 3 – 12 years: Take 1 to 4 x 5ml spoonfuls when needed.
Like all medicines, Liquid Paraffin can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- inflammation and formation of lumps.
- prolonged use may cause paraffin to leak from the anus. This may irritate the area.
- Accidentally breathing in liquid paraffin may cause congestion of the lungs.
Liquid Paraffin 100% v/v. There are no other ingredients.