Lactulose Oral Solution 500ml
- Relieves Constipation
- Active Ingredient: Lactulose
- Maintains Regularity Of Bowel Movements
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Lactulose Oral Solution contains the active ingredient Lactulose, which is a laxative. Laxatives relieve constipation by drawing water into the bowel, making the stool softer and easier to pass.
|One Pack(s)||£4.95||In Stock|
Buy Lactulose Oral Solution UK Online
My Pharmacy is the Best Place to Buy Lactulose Oral Solution UK Online in 2020. To order Lactulose Oral Solution 500 ml Online in the UK you are required to have a prescription, which you can acquire with our free online consultation service.
Buy Lactulose Oral Solution UK Online Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Lactulose Oral Solution 500 ml UK Next Day Delivery. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Lactulose Laxative draws water into the bowel, making the stool softer and easier to pass. It is generally used to treat constipation (difficulty pooing).
There two types of Lactulose Laxative available, a generic version simply called Lactulose and a branded version called Duphalac. Each is available on prescription and can be bought from pharmacies.
Lactulose Laxative tastes sweet and can be off-putting to certain people. To avoid this it can be diluted with water or fruit juice.
Lactulose Oral Solution BNF
The Following are cautions and guidance’s from the British national formulary on Lactulose Oral Solution BNF. Lactulose Oral Solution BNF states that Lactulose laxative:
- Can cause electrolyte imbalance due to diarrhoea side effect
- Not known to be harmful during pregnancy
- People can have a lactulose oral solution bnf intolerance
The following are Lactulose ingredients and what is contained within Lactulose Laxative –
- The active Lactulose Ingredients is one substance called Lactulose. Each 5ml of Lactulose Laxative contain 3.335g of lactulose.
- This product does not contain any more Lactulose Ingredients. It may however contain sugar from the manufacturing process. These can include –
Your lactulose dose can go up or down, depending on how well you are responding to the medicine.
For the treatment of constipation, the following Lactulose dose is recommended –
- Starting lactulose dose is usually 15ml taken twice a day
- Children aged five to seventeen years
- Usual lactulose dose is 5ml to 20ml twice a day
- Children aged one to four years
- Usual dose is 2.5ml to 10ml twice a day
- Babies ages one to eleven months
- Usual dose is 2.5ml twice a day
What Is Lactulose Oral Solution Used For?
What is Lactulose oral solution used for? As well as being used as a laxative to help with constipation, Lactulose oral solution can be used to treat a brain problem called portal-systemic encephalopathy.
When used to treat or prevent portal-systemic encephalopathy (a complication of severe liver disease) it draws ammonia from the blood into the large intestine and is then removed by the large intestine through stool.
If you have any more questions regarding what is lactulose oral solution used for, please ask your doctor/pharmacist or refer to the lactulose oral solution patient information leaflet.
How To Use Lactulose Oral Solution
The following will be a guide on how to use Lactulose Oral Solution:
Always follow the guidance given by your doctor or pharmacists have told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Take Lactulose Oral solution via spoon or measuring cup
- It can be diluted with water or fruit juice. It’s recommended that you drink plenty of fluids throughout the day
- Swallow the dose immediately. It should no be kept inside the mouth for long as it can cause tooth decay
- Lactulose Laxative can take two to three days to start working
- After this period you should be able to reduce the dose and take Lactulose oral solution dose according to your needs
More information on how to use lactulose oral solution can be found within the lactulose oral solution patient information leaflet.
How Long Does Lactulose Take To Work?
How long does Lactulose take to work? Lactulose and other branded versions can take up to 48 hours to work. This can depend entirely on the individual and may be different for you compared to someone else.
If you are finding that Lactulose isn’t working for you, speak to your doctor about finding a lactulose alternative.
Lactulose Oral Solution For Babies
Lactulose oral solution for babies can be given if recommended by your doctor. Do not give Lactulose to a child under the age of fourteen unless a doctor has said so.
Giving lactulose oral solution for babies may result in unintended reactions such as allergic reaction, lactose intolerance, the body is unable to process sugar and diabetes (blood sugars affected by lactulose).
Using Lactulose Oral solution for babies should be exceptional and never a long term solution. It can influence the normal reflexes for passing stool.
Lactulose Oral Solution Reviews – Lactulose Reviews
Below will be some Lactulose Oral Solution reviews and lactulose reviews left by customers who have used our website and service. To view more Lactulose oral solution reviews and overall service reviews, click here to view our trustpilot page.
This also includes Lactulose oral solution reviews left by users on drugs.com.
“I was given this bottle of Lactulose by the local hospital where I am currently undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. My constipation causes me more pain than I can describe, the cramps and vomiting have caused me quite a few sleepless nights. I felt the pain coming on at about 3 in the afternoon and was expecting to be in agony by 7pm. I took the Lactulose at about 3.30pm and by 7pm I was alright and the cramps disappeared and no vomiting. I cannot state how much relief I felt knowing that I would get a good night’s sleep without pain and constipation. I’ve just rang my family to let them know that I’ve finally found something that gives me relief without grief. Best yet.”
“This is the best medicine I’ve ever used for my constipation. I also have irritable bowel syndrome.”
Lactulose Laxative is one of many different constipation and laxative treatments we have available at My Pharmacy. Before changing treatments you should consult with your doctor and try to find the best Lactulose alternative for you and your condition.
You may want to consider some of the following as a Lactulose alternative:
Take each dose at the same time each day.
The dose may be given once daily, for example during breakfast, or divided into two or three doses a day. Swallow the medicine quickly. Do not keep it in your mouth. You can take Lactulose oral solution undiluted or diluted in some liquid. During the treatment with laxatives you should drink sufficient amounts of fluids (approx. 2 litres per day, equal to 6-8 glasses).It can take 2-3 days to take effect.
The recommended dose is:
– Adults starting dose 15-45 ml daily
– Adults Maintenance dose 15-30 ml daily
Please do not give Lactulose to children before consulting your doctor for prescription and careful supervision.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects have been reported with Lactulose:
Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
– Flatulence (wind), especially during the first few days of treatment
This usually disappears after a couple of days.
– When a higher dose than recommended is used, you may experience
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
– Nausea (feeling sick).
– When a higher dose than recommended is used, you may experience