Iglu Rapid Relief Gel
Iglu Rapid Relief Gel is a treatment for fast, effective relief of pain from common mouth ulcers. It forms a smooth, flexible and adhesive protective gel coating when it becomes wet on contact with saliva inside the mouth.
2 in stock
What Iglu Rapid Relief Gel Is And What It Is Used For
Iglu Rapid Relief Gel is a treatment for fast, effective relief of pain from common mouth ulcers.
• The product, which at first looks like a pale yellow paste, forms a smooth, flexible and adhesive protective gel coating when it becomes wet on contact with saliva inside the mouth.
• Iglu Rapid Relief Gel is suitable for use by adults, the elderly and children over 7 years of age.
The product works in three ways:
• The product works in three ways:
• by forming a gel coating to protect the sensitive and delicate area of the mouth lining as it heals, and
• by the actions of its two active ingredients, lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate and aminoacridine hydrochloride, which work by:
• stopping pain (lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate is a local anaesthetic), and
• preventing infection (aminoacridine hydrochloride is an antiseptic).
Before You Use Iglu Rapid Relief Gel
Do not use Iglu Rapid Relief Gel if:
•You are allergic (hypersensitive) to lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate, aminoacridine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Iglu Rapid Relief Gel
• Not suitable for treatment of teething in children.
•It is very important that you tell your doctor or dentist if you have an unexplained mouth ulcer that lasts for more than 3 weeks or keeps coming back. This is to exclude the rare possibility of oral cancer, which can benefit from early diagnosis and treatment.
Take special care when using this product:
• Apply it sparingly.
• Keep the product away from your eyes.
• other medicines Iglü Rapid Relief Gel is not known to affect, or to be affected by, any other medicines.
• Pregnancy and breast-feeding It is unclear whether this product is safe for use during pregnancy and breast-feeding. The potential risks are unknown. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
How To Use Iglu Rapid Relief Gel
• Wash your hands before and after use.
• If you are treating several ulcers, repeat steps 1 to 3 below for each one:
1. Use a clean tissue to gently remove excess moisture/saliva from the ulcer area.
2. Squeeze a small quantity of Iglü Rapid Relief Gel onto a clean, dry finger tip or cotton bud, and then apply it directly to the ulcer using a single, gentle wiping action (avoid dabbing).
3. At first, the product may seem quite pasty and sticky, but after contact with saliva, the product will form a flexible and adhesive gel coating over and around the ulcer area.
What Iglü Rapid Relief Gel contains:
The active ingredients are lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate (0.66% w/w) and aminoacridine hydrochloride (0.05% w/w). The other ingredients are carbomer, hydroxypropylcellulose, white soft paraffin, liquid paraffin and peppermint oil.
Like all medicines, Iglü Rapid Relief Gel can cause
side effects, although not everybody gets them.
On rare occasions, hypersensitivity reactions
to lidocaine hydrochloride monohydrate and
aminoacridine hydrochloride can occur, involving
wheezing or shortness of breath. Seek urgent
medical attention if you experience these
symptoms. If you experience any other symptoms
not mentioned in this leaflet, stop using the
product and tell your doctor, dentist or pharmacist.
If your symptoms persist, tell your doctor,
dentist or pharmacist