Germoloids Ointment 55ml
- Effective Treatment For Haemorrhoids
- Easy Application
- Relieves Pain Associated With Haemorrhoids
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Germoloids Ointment is used to relieve the symptoms of pain, swelling and irritation associated with internal haemorrhoids and anal itching (pruritus ani).
What Are Germoloids Ointment?
Germoloids Ointment is used to relieve the symptoms of pain, swelling and irritation associated with internal haemorrhoids and anal itching (pruritus ani). The ointment contains two active substances, zinc oxide and lidocaine. Zinc oxide has astringent properties (causes contraction when applied to the skin), which help to shrink swelling. It also helps to soothe and protect the area around the anus from damage and has mild antiseptic properties. Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic, which helps to soothe swelling, pain and irritation and relieve itching. The ointment base acts as a lubricant and emollient to help the passing of stools and reduce straining during bowel movement which is bad for haemorrhoids.
See more information on haemorrhoids on the NHS website
Before You Use Germoloids Ointment
Do not use Germoloids Suppositories:
- if you are allergic to zinc oxide or lidocaine, or any of the other ingredients in the product.
How To Use
- Before using the ointment for the first time, check that the tube seal is not broken.
- Remove the seal by peeling from the tag.
- For external haemorrhoids, apply the ointment directly to the affected area. For internal haemorrhoids, screw the applicator nozzle onto the tube and smear some of the ointment on the outside of the nozzle to ease application. Carefully insert the applicator into the opening of the anus. Gently squeeze the tube whilst slowly withdrawing the nozzle so that the ointment moves gently up the anus.
- Replace the cap firmly after use. Always keep the tube of ointment, cap and nozzle clean.
Like all medicines, Germoloids Ointment can have side effects, although not everybody gets them. Rarely, you may experience increased local irritation or rashes at the site of application after applying the ointment. If you experience these symptoms, stop using this product and tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
The active ingredients are zinc oxide (6.6% w/w) and lidocaine hydrochloride (0.7% w/w). The other ingredients are yellow soft paraffin, wool fat, methyl salicylate, propylene glycol and menthol.