CosmoCol Orange Flavour Sachets (30)
- Suitable For Children Aged 12 And Over
- Effective Relief From Constipation
- Active Ingredient: Macrogol 3350
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
CosmoCol is a laxative used for the treatment of long term (chronic) constipation and faecal impaction (persistent constipation, where a large volume of stools cause a blockage of the rectum and / or colon). It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
CosmoCol Orange Flavour Sachets
What Are CosmoCol Sachets?
CosmoCol is a laxative used for the treatment of long term (chronic) constipation and faecal impaction (persistent constipation, where a large volume of stools cause a blockage of the rectum and / or colon). It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age. Macrogol 3350 makes your faeces softer and easier to pass, giving you relief from constipation. The electrolytes (salts) help to maintain your body’s normal levels of sodium, potassium and water while you are being treated for constipation.
See more information on constipation on the NHS website.
Before You Use CosmoCol Sachets
Do NOT use CosmoCol if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to macrogol 3350, sodium chloride, sodium hydrogen carbonate, potassium chloride, or any of the other ingredients.
- have a perforated gut (bowel) wall.
- have a blockage in your intestine (gut obstruction, ileus).
- have severe inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease or toxic megacolon.
How to Take CosmoCol Sachets
- Open the sachet and pour the contents into a glass.
- Add about 125 ml or a quarter pint of water to the glass.
- Stir well until the powder has dissolved and then drink it.
The recommended dose for constipation is one sachet taken one to three times daily. This course of treatment for constipation should not normally last longer than 2 weeks.
Before you take CosmoCol for faecal impaction, your doctor must check to confirm that you have this condition. The recommended dose is 8 sachets daily, all of which should be consumed within 6 hours. To prevent further problems from faecal impaction, your doctor may advise that you continue taking this medicine. You should use the dose for treating chronic constipation.
The course of treatment for faecal impaction should be stopped when a large volume of stools is passed and does not normally last longer than 3 days.
How To Store
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date shown on the pack next to ‘EXP’.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that any of the sachets is damaged.
Like all medicines, CosmoCol can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- abdominal (stomach) pain
- mild diarrhoea (when starting to take CosmoCol Orange Flavour, this usually stops if you reduce the number of sachets you take)
- nausea (feeling sick)
- swelling of your abdomen (feeling bloated)
- stomach rumbling
- flatulence (wind)
- soreness of the anus (bottom)
Each sachet contains the active ingredients: macrogol 3350 13.125 g, sodium chloride 0.3507 g, sodium hydrogen carbonate 0.1785 g, potassium chloride 0.0466 g. The other ingredients are colloidal anhydrous silica, saccharin sodium and orange flavour (Orange flavour contains: flavouring substances and flavouring preparations, maltodextrin, acacia gum, alpha-tocopherol).