Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid – 100ml
- Active ingredients : Triprolidine, Pseudoephedrine & Dextromethorphan
- Helps Relieve Dry Coughs & Symptoms Related To Congestion
- Next Day Delivery Option Available At Checkout
Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Multi-Action Formula helps by drying & unblocking running or stuffy noses, clears catarrh and relieves a dry tickly cough.
PLEASE NOTE : Medications that contain ephedrine cannot be purchased or used at the same time as any pseudoephedrine containing products.
Buy Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Online
My Pharmacy Is The Best Place To Buy Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Online UK In 2020. To order Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Online In The UK you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Online UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy You Can Buy Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Online UK Next Day Delivery. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Actifed liquid is a medicine which is used to help relieve dry coughs and symptoms related to congestion. Each bottle of Actifed liquid contains triprolidine hydrochloride which is an antihistamine that helps stop the general symptoms that usually accompany a cough/cold; sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes.
Together with three ingredients; the cough suppressant dextromethorphan, a decongestant called pseudoephedrine and the antihistamine triprolidine, Actifed liquid is one of the best treatments for relieving an annoying tickly cough.
Click here for more general information about a cough from the National Health Service website.
Actifed Liquid Dosage
The following Actifed Liquid Dosage is the general recommended dosage and may change depending on prescription and your doctor’s advice. You should always follow the exact advice your doctor has given you regarding Actifed Liquid dosage.
Recommended Actifed Liquid Dosage for Children under the age of 12 years old
- Actifed Liquid 100ml should not be given to children under the age of 12 years old
Recommended Actifed Liquid Dosage for Adults and Children aged 12 years and over
- Take two large 5ml spoonful’s every four to six hours, up to four times a day
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours
- Leave at least four hours between doses
- If symptoms persist or worsen talk to your doctor or pharmacist
Actifed Liquid 100ml
Actifed Liquid 100ml should not be taken if any of the following applies to you:
- If you are allergic or ever had a bad reaction to the ingredients of Actifed Liquid 100ml; pseudoephedrine, triprolidine, dextromethorphan or any others
- If you suffer from:
- Lung disease
- If you have a phaeochromocytoma
- An overactive thyroid
- Severe kidney problems
- High blood pressure or heart disease
- Taking beta blockers
- You’ve currently taking or taken drugs for depression in the last two weeks
- Taking selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
If any of the above apply to you, seek advice from a doctor or pharmacist on what to take instead of Actifed Liquid 100ml.
Actifed Dry Cough
An Actifed dry cough is a cough that is tickly but doesn’t produce any phlegm (thick mucus). Also known as a non-productive cough, Actifed dry cough can be caused by many factors ranging from allergies to acid reflux, with some cases having no obvious cause.
Having an ongoing dry cough can severely impact your quality of life, especially if it’s stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep. Actifed dry cough and help you find relief and give that quality of life back to you.
Actifed Liquid Side Effects
Like with all medicine, Actifed Liquid Side Effects can occur but these aren’t experienced by everyone. If you experience any of these Actifed Liquid side effects, especially if any of them are getting progressively worse, immediately stop and speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
Below is a list of Actifed Liquid Side Effects experienced more, or less when people have taken Actifed Liquid 100ml. For a full list, please refer to the patient information leaflet.
- Difficulty sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness or nervousness
- Difficulty performing tasks
- Blurred vision
- Thickened mucus, dry mouth, upset stomach or nausea
- Depression or feeling confused
- Tremors, shakiness or slurred speech
- Low blood pressure
Actifed Liquid Drowsy
Using this medication may cause Actifed liquid drowsy, as well as dizziness and blurred vision. Anyone who consumes Actifed should stay clear of driving and may be an offence if caught.
Your ability to drive safely can be impacted and should therefore be avoided when taking Actifed Liquid drowsy.
The feeling of drowsiness is caused by the antihistamine ingredient called triprolidine and is categorised as sedating.
Actifed Liquid Dry Mouth
Actifed Liquid Dry Mouth is another of the side effects you may experience when taking this medicine. It is very common, with one in ten people experiencing Actifed Liquid dry cough as a side effect.
Here are some tips on how to relieve Actifed dry mouth:
- Sip water regularly
- Chewing sugar free gum can help stimulate the flow of saliva
- If possible use a room humidifier at night
- Breathe in through your nose instead of your mouth
Actifed Liquid How Long Does It Take
A common question we are asked is “Actifed Liquid how long does it take?”
For relief of symptoms that can be associated with allergies such as sneezing, stuffy nose and watery eyes, Actifed liquid can take up to 15-30 minutes. Long term will depend on what is causing the dry cough.
One of the active ingredients called Pseudoephedrine can last within your system for around three to eight hours.
For more information about Actifed Liquid how long does it take, please check the patient information leaflet or talk with a pharmacist or doctor.
Actifed Liquid Reviews
You can view Actifed Liquid Reviews and reviews left by customers who have used our website and service via the product page. To view more Actifed Liquid Reviews and overall service reviews, click here to view our trustpilot page.
Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative treatments should the Actifed Liquid reviews cause you to look for an alternative.
Actifed Liquid SPC
The Actifed liquid SPC, Summary of Product Characteristics, can be fund by clicking this link or is included with every purchase.
The Actifed liquid SPC displays information about; What the medicine is for, precautions before taking the medicine, a guide on how to take it, possible side effects, how to store it and further information.
Actifed Multi Action Chesty Coughs Liquid
Actifed Multi Action Chesty Coughs Liquid is the other Actifed liquid option available for chesty coughs instead of dry coughs.
Instead of relieving the symptoms of a non-productive cough, Actifed Multi Action Chesty Coughs Liquid helps relieve symptoms of cold and flu, including blocked sinuses and thick phlegm production.
One of the main differences between chesty cough liquid and dry cough liquid is the inclusion of the Guaifensin ingredient. This is known as an expectorant that helps loosen mucus from the lungs, allowing it to be coughed up easier.
Although Actifed Multi Action Chesty Coughs Liquid isn’t currently for sale on the Pharmacy website, we currently have the tablet variant in stock and available to purchase.
Actifed Liquid Discontinued UK
Actifed Liquid Discontinued UK
In the US, the formula was changed in 2006 due to a change in the legal environment, whilst at the same time, distribution was limited to select stores. Because of this, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) listed Actifed as discontinued.
In the UK and other countries however, the formula remained unchanged and is therefore still available.
What you should know before Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid
Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you have very high blood pressure or severe heart disease.
- If you are taking, or have taken in the last two
Some of the ingredients in Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid can cause problems
- Each 5 ml of this medicine contains 2.8 g of sucrose. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine contains 5% v/v ethanol (alcohol), which is up to 190 mg per 5 ml, equal to 5 ml beer or 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease and epilepsy.
- Methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218) may cause allergic reactions such as skin rash; this may happen after a few days.
- The colouring in this medicine may cause allergic reactions.weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- If you are taking furazolidone (an antibacterial agent).
- If you have had a cough for a few weeks, or a cough which brings up any blood or a lot of mucus that may be caused by asthma or other serious breathing difficulties.
- If you are taking any other cough and cold medicine.
- For children under 12 years old. If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using MultiAction Actifed Dry Coughs.
Always read the Patient information leaflet before use
How to take Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid
- For oral use only.
- Always shake the bottle thoroughly before use.
- Do not take more than the stated dose shown in the table.
- Do not overfill the spoon. There is a double-ended spoon in the pack. Children under 12 years old
- Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years old.
- Adults and Children aged 12 years and over
The active ingredients in 5 ml of Multi-Action Actifed Dry Coughs are: Triprolidine hydrochloride 1.25 mg, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg and dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg. Other ingredients are: Sorbitol, sucrose, sodium benzoate (E211), methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218), ponceau 4R (E124), alcohol, blackberry flavour, levomenthol, vanillin and purified water.
Multi-Action Actifed Dry Coughs can have side-effects,
like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone
and are usually mild.
If you experience any of the following, stop taking this medicine and talk to your doctor:
– A few people have had hallucinations, but this
– Occasionally people get skin rashes that are
– A few people may find their heartbeat increased.
– A few men, especially those with prostate
problems, may have trouble passing water.
– Nausea, vomiting and upset stomach.
Other effects which may occur include:
– Restlessness, having trouble getting to sleep or
-Dry mouth, nose or throat.