Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid
Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid Multi-Action Formula helps by Drying & Unblocking running or stuffy noses, Clears Catarrh and Relives a dry tickly cough
PLEASE NOTE : Medications That Contain Ephedrine Cannot Be Purchased Or Used At The Same Time As Any Pseudoephedrine Containing Products
What is Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid and what is it used for
Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid is a medicine which is used to help relieve dry coughs and related congestion symptoms. The liquid contains triprolidine hydrochloride which is an antihistamine that helps stop sneezing, runny nose and watery eyes, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride which is a decongestant that unblocks stuffy noses and dextromethorphan hydrobromide which is an antitussive to help stop coughing. The medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over
What you should know before Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid
Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- If you have very high blood pressure or severe heart disease.
- If you are taking, or have taken in the last two
Some of the ingredients in Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid can cause problems
- Each 5 ml of this medicine contains 2.8 g of sucrose. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine contains 5% v/v ethanol (alcohol), which is up to 190 mg per 5 ml, equal to 5 ml beer or 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease and epilepsy.
- Methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218) may cause allergic reactions such as skin rash; this may happen after a few days.
- The colouring in this medicine may cause allergic reactions.weeks, drugs for depression known as Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs).
- If you are taking furazolidone (an antibacterial agent).
- If you have had a cough for a few weeks, or a cough which brings up any blood or a lot of mucus that may be caused by asthma or other serious breathing difficulties.
- If you are taking any other cough and cold medicine.
- For children under 12 years old. If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using MultiAction Actifed Dry Coughs.
Always read the Patient information leaflet before use
How to take Actifed Dry Coughs Liquid
- For oral use only.
- Always shake the bottle thoroughly before use.
- Do not take more than the stated dose shown in the table.
- Do not overfill the spoon. There is a double-ended spoon in the pack. Children under 12 years old
- Do not give this medicine to children under 12 years old.
- Adults and Children aged 12 years and over
Adults and children aged 12 years and over Take two large 5 ml spoonfuls every 4 – 6 hours, up to 4 times a day.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
- If symptoms persist talk to your doctor or pharmacist
The active ingredients in 5 ml of Multi-Action Actifed Dry Coughs are: Triprolidine hydrochloride 1.25 mg, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg and dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg. Other ingredients are: Sorbitol, sucrose, sodium benzoate (E211), methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218), ponceau 4R (E124), alcohol, blackberry flavour, levomenthol, vanillin and purified water.
Multi-Action Actifed Dry Coughs can have side-effects,
like all medicines, although these don’t affect everyone
and are usually mild.
If you experience any of the following, stop taking this medicine and talk to your doctor:
– A few people have had hallucinations, but this
– Occasionally people get skin rashes that are
– A few people may find their heartbeat increased.
– A few men, especially those with prostate
problems, may have trouble passing water.
– Nausea, vomiting and upset stomach.
Other effects which may occur include:
– Restlessness, having trouble getting to sleep or
-Dry mouth, nose or throat.