Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid 200ml – Mint Flavour
- Works Fast To Stop Heartburn
- Can Be Taken From Ages 3 And Up
- Active Ingredient: Magnesium Hydroxide
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Phillips Milk of Magnesia liquid (magnesium hydroxide) is used to relieve indigestion, excess acid and wind, heartburn and stomach discomfort. It can also be used as a laxative to relieve constipation.
Philips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid
Buy Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Online. To Buy Phillips Milk Of Magnesia UK Next Day Delivery you need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Phillips Milk Of Magnesia UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia is a liquid used to relieve indigestion, excess acid and wind, heartburn and stomach discomfort. It can also be used as a laxative to relieve constipation.
Click here to get a copy of the Phillips Milk Of Magnesia patient information leaflet. This includes all relevant information, ingredients, what medicines you can and can’t take, etc.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid is the number one magnesia brand, providing overnight relief from occasional constipation and helps you get back to regular function. It contains magnesium, which works with your body’s natural process to relieve occasional constipation. Using Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid provides cramp-free, gentle relief without any harsh stimulants.
Each bottle of Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid features the following:
- Works with the body’s natural process to relieve any constipation
- Saline laxative
- Available in the following flavours
- Fresh mint
- Wild cherry
- Concentrated fresh strawberry
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid – Frequently Asked Questions
- How much Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid can I take for occasional constipation?
- It can be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor.
- When will Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid being to work as a laxative?
- It will usually produce a bowel movement in 30 minutes to 6 hours. This can vary depending on the individual.
- What’s the difference between regular Phillips Milk of Magnesia Liquid and Concentrated Milk of Magnesia?
- Concentrated contains a concentrated formula of magnesium hydroxide meaning smaller doses have to be taken. Like regular Phillips Milk of Magnesia, it will generally produce a bowel movement in 30 minutes to 6 hours.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid 200ml
Constipation is a common ailment condition that affects people of all ages. It would be very rare for someone to go through their life and not experience it at least once. It can typically be treated at home with changes to diet and lifestyle, although sometimes it can just be a one off and doesn’t indicate issues with diet.
For people who have exhausted measures such as a change in diet and lifestyle, a pharmacist may be able to help with constipation. Medication such as Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid 200ml is a suitable laxative for constipation.
There are multiple different laxatives available; bulk-forming; osmotic (Phillips Milk of Magnesia Liquid 200ml); stimulant; poo-softener; which would typically be recommended that you try in a particular order –
- Treatment should be started with a bulk-forming laxative with a brand such as Fybogel.
- If the stool continues to remain hard, try using an osmotic laxative such as Phillips Milk of Magnesia Liquid 200ml in addition to, or instead of, a bulk-forming laxative.
- If the stool is soft but is still difficult to pass, try taking a laxative known as a stimulant in addition to a bulk-forming laxative.
Remember to always talk to your GP or pharmacist if you’re unsure which of the above laxatives to use.
You should also see a doctor or GP if constipation continues to occur after trying all of the different types of laxatives above.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Bottle
Do not use Phillips Milk of Magnesia Bottle medication if you:
- Are allergic to magnesium hydroxide or any of the other ingredients listed in the patient information leaflet.
- Have acute gastrointestinal conditions (conditions that affect the digestive tract and usually last for a short period of time).
Certain warnings and precautions should be heeded before using Phillips Milk of Magnesia Bottle medication. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before this medicine if:
- You have kidney problems.
- You are currently taking other medicines (including those that can be bought over the counter).
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
In small children the use of magnesium hydroxide may cause increased levels of magnesium in the blood particularly if they have kidney problems or are dehydrated.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid Dosage
Phillips Milk of Magnesia Liquid Dosage should always be exactly as described in the patient information leaflet or as a doctor or pharmacist have told you. If you’re ever unsure about how much of this medicine you should take, speak to a doctor or pharmacist.
Make sure to shake the Phillips Milk of Magnesia bottle well before use. This medication can be taken with milk or water if needed. Plenty of fluid should be consumed during the course of the treatment.
Relief of indigestion, excess acid and win, heartburn and stomach discomfort
Adult – Phillips Milk of Magnesia Liquid Dosage
- Take one to two 5ml spoonful’s (first or second in dosing cup). Repeat as necessary to maximum of twelve 5ml spoonful’s (60ml) in 24 hours.
Children aged 3 to 12 years – Phillips Milk of Magnesia Liquid Dosage
- Give one 5ml spoonful (first line in dosing cup). Repeat as necessary to a maximum of six 5ml spoonful’s (30ml) in 24 hours.
Children under the age of 3
- Only to be given on the advice of a doctor.
Relief of constipation (use as a laxative)
- Take six to nine 5ml spoonful’s (30-45ml measured in dosing cup) at bedtime. Repeat nightly, reducing dose until constipation is relieved.
Children aged 3 to 12 years
- Give one to two 5ml spoonful’s (first or second line dosing cup) at bedtime.
Children under 3
To be give only on the advice of a doctor.
This medication should not be used for more than 3 days. If symptoms of constipation continue to persist or a laxative dose is needed every day, consult a doctor about what to do next.
What Are The Ingredients In Phillips Milk Of Magnesia
A common question we often see online is “What are the ingredients in Phillips Milk of Magnesia?”
Each 15ml dose contains the following active ingredients: Magnesium 500mg, sodium 3mg.
Inactive ingredients include anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #28, flavour, glycerine, microcrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium hypochlorite, sucrose, xanthan gum.
Each of the ingredients will be the same, although the flavoured ingredients will change depending on which flavour is purchased.
If you have any other questions relating to “What are the ingredients in Phillips Milk of Magnesia?” please contact our customer support team.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Side Effects
Like all medicines, Phillips Milk of Magnesia side effects can occur, although not everybody will experience them.
Very Rare – Phillips Milk of Magnesia Side Effects
- Hypermagnesemia (increased amounts of magnesium in the blood). This was seen after prolonged administration to patients with kidney problems.
Unknown Phillips Milk of Magnesia Side Effects
- Abdominal pain including colic.
If you experience any Phillips Milk of Magnesia side effects that aren’t listed above, please report them to your doctor. You can also report any side effects directly via the UK governments Yellow Card Scheme.
Is Phillips Milk Of Magnesia A Laxative
Another common question we get asked “Is Phillips Milk of Magnesia a laxative?”
Yes, Phillips Milk of Magnesia can act as a laxative. In fact, it belong to a group of specific laxatives called osmotic laxatives.
Osmotic laxatives draw water from the rest of the body and place it into the bowel to soften stool, hopefully making it easier to pass.
Some of the brands that are considered osmotic laxatives include:
- Lactulose (also known as Dulphalac and Lactugal)
- Macrogol (also known as Movicol, Laxido, CosmoCol, Molaxole and Molative)
- Polyethylene glycol
So to answer the question is Phillips Milk of Magnesia a laxative, it is and it’s one of many different osmotic laxatives available on the market today. If you have any questions about differences between the different categories of laxatives, talk to a local pharmacist or doctor.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia As Face Primer
The use of Phillips Milk of Magnesia as face primer isn’t recommended due to it being alkaline ph. It’s not good for the skin due to high pH levels.
The majority of skin care products that are considered good have been formulated for the skin have a pH level from 5 to 8. When products have too high a level of pH it causes damage to something called the acidic mantle, causing acne and loss of moisture.
Phillips Milk of Magnesia as face primer has a pH of 10.5, which is way above recommended levels. Continued use as a face primer will cause serious damage to the skin.
Unless stated on the packaging, don’t use medication for unintended purposes.
Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Dosage For Babies
Speak to a doctor about Phillips Milk of Magnesia dosage for babies. Children under the age of 3 years should only use this medication under the supervision or advice of a doctor.
Signs that could indicate your baby is constipated include:
- Passing stool fewer than three times a week
- Stool that is bigger than usual
- He/she may look like they are straining when going to the toilet
- Firm stomach
- Hard, dry or lumpy poos or poo that comes out in little pellets
- Blood in the stool
- Tummy ache or reduce appetite that seems to get better after having a poo
If your doctor has advised you to give a Phillips Milk of Magnesia dosage for babies, make sure to follow their instructions carefully. Overdosing can cause side effects, some serious and some minor.