Oraldene Mouthwash For Mouth And Throat Infections 200ml
- Active Ingredient: Hexetidine
- Effective Treatment For Gum Disease
- Relieves Sore Throats
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
Oraldene Mouthwash contains hexetidine, which is an antibacterial and anti-fungal, it is used to help treat throat and mouth infections, including mouth ulcers, thrush, sore or bleeding gums (called gingivitis), bad breath (halitosis) or sore throat.
What Is Oraldene Mouthwash Used For?
Oraldene contains hexetidine, which is an antibacterial and antifungal and is used to help treat throat and mouth infections, including mouth ulcers, thrush, sore or bleeding gums (called gingivitis), bad breath (halitosis) or sore throat. It can also be used before and after dental surgery to help prevent infections.
See more on gum disease on the NHS website
How To Use Oraldene Mouthwash
Adults and children aged 12 years and over: Rinse the mouth or gargle for 30 seconds with at least 15 ml (approx. 1 tablespoonful) of undiluted Oraldene two to three times a day or as otherwise directed.
- Do not swallow.
- Shake well before use.
- If symptoms persist discontinue use and talk to your doctor or dentist.
Before You Use Oraldene
Do NOT use this medicine if you:
- have ever had a bad reaction to Oraldene or any of its ingredients. If this applies to you, get advice from your doctor or pharmacist without using Oraldene.
Oraldene Side Effects
Like all medicines, Oraldene can cause side-effects although not everybody gets them. Some of these side effects include:
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- Allergic reactions including itchy rash
- Irritation, tingling or numbness of the tongue or inside the mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Sickness (vomiting)
- Salivary gland enlargement
- Taste disturbance or loss of taste
- Pain, swelling, redness or heat
- Tongue or tooth discolouration
- Blistering or ulceration
The active ingredient is: Hexetidine 0.1 g/100 ml Other ingredients are: Polysorbate 80, citric acid, saccharin sodium, levomenthol, eucalyptus oil, ethanol 96%, azorubin (E122) sodium calcium edetate, sodium hydroxide (E524), and purified water.