Multistix GP Urine Reagent Test Strips (25)
- Reliable testing for urinary tract infections (UTIs), diabetes and kidney disorders
- Easy to Use
- Quick And Efficient Results
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Multistix GP are a reliable primary test for the detection of a broad range of conditions by testing against 8 different Parameters.
Multistix Strips For Urinalysis
Multistix GP are a reliable primary test for the detection of a broad range of conditions by testing against 8 different parameters. Siemens Multistix are urine dip strips that provide a result by comparing the changes to the colour of different colour pads. These colour pads change colour after being dipped in urine based on the presence and concentration of the different parameters. The comparative colour chart used to read the results of the test is provided on the bottle.
What Are Multistix Strips Used For?
- For rapid detection of 8 parameters: glucose, ketone (acetoacetic acid), specific gravity, blood, pH, nitrite leucocytes, and protein in urine
- Vial contains 25 dipsticks
- Simple dip test in urine for immediate results
How To Use Multistix Strips
- Remove one strip from the bottle of strips and replace the cap. Completely immerse reagent areas of the
strip in the urine and remove immediately to avoid dissolving out of reagents.
- While removing, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine.
Hold the strip in a horizontal position to prevent possible mixing of chemicals from adjacent reagent areas
and/or contaminating the hands with urine.
- Compare reagent areas to corresponding colour chart on the bottle label at the time specified. Hold strip
close to colour blocks and match carefully. Avoid laying the strip directly on the colour chart, as this will
result in the urine soiling the chart
This test relies on the breakdown of urinary nitrates to nitrites, which are not found in normal urine. Many
Gram-negative and some Gram-positive bacteria are capable of producing this reaction and a positive test
suggests their presence in significant numbers. A negative test does not rule out a UTI.
The significance of the trace reaction may vary among patients and clinical judgement is required for
assessment in an individual case. Development of green spots or green colour on the reagent area within
60 seconds indicates the need for further investigation.
False positive readings are most often due to contamination with menstrual blood; they are also seen with
dehydration which concentrates the number of RBCs produced, and exercise.
False negative readings: captopril, vitamin C, proteinuria, elevated SG, pH less than 5.1 and bacteriuria.
Normally no protein is detectable in urine, although a minute amount is excreted by the normal kidney. A
colour matching any block greater than trace indicates significant proteinuria. For urine with a high specific
gravity, the test area may most closely match the trace colour block even though only normal
concentrations of protein are present. Clinical judgement is needed to evaluate the significance of trace
Normal urine specimens generally yield negative results. Positive results (small or greater) are clinically
significant. Trace results observed individually may be of questionable clinical significance. Trace results
observed repeatedly may be clinically significant. Positive and repeated trace results indicate the need for
further testing of the patient and/or urine specimen.
Before You Use
- Keep fingers and any other objects away from the testing area
- Do not use after the expiration date listed on the packaging
- You can use the strips up to 6 months after opening the packaging
No patient information leaflet is available for this product.
You may also like…
Fluconazole 150mg Capsule
£4.99 Select options
- Relief From Symptoms Of Vaginal Thrush
- Active Ingredient: Fluconazole
- Clears Infection Within One Week
Nitrofurantoin 100mg MR (6 Capsules)
£17.48 Select options
- Antibiotic To Treat Urinary Tract, Kidney And Bladder Infections
- Active Ingredient: MacroBID
- 3-Day Antibiotic Course
Cystopurin Cystitis Relief Sachets, 3g, 6.
£5.99 Add to basket
- Helps Relieve Symptoms Associated With Cystitis
- Active Ingredient : Potassium Citrate
- Next Day Delivery Available