- Effective Constipation Relief
- Active Ingredient:Sodium citrate / Sodium lkylsulfoacetate
- For Short-Term Use Only
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Micralax enemas are rectal laxatives for relieving mild to moderate constipation. The laxative liquid in Micralax is injected directly into the back passage (anus) from the single dose plastic tubes.
|5ml x 12||£8.28||In Stock|
What Micralax is and what is it used for
Micralax belongs to a group of medicines called laxatives. It contains two active ingredients, sodium citrate and sodium alkylsulphoacetate. These work together in the medicine. Micralax works by causing water to be drawn into the lower bowels. This makes more water in the stools. This means your stools are softer. It is then much easier to empty your bowels.
• Treat constipation especially in bedridden patients, the elderly, children, women giving birth or those deliberately not passing stools
• Empty your bowels before an X-ray or other examination
An enema is an injection of liquid into your back passage (anus) which makes your bowels easy to empty
Before you take Micralax
Do not use if:
• You are allergic to sodium citrate or sodium alkylsulphoacetate
• You are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Micralax
• You have an inflammatory bowel disease. If any of the above applies to you talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
• you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breast-feeding ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using
How to use Micralax
• Lie down on your side with your knees drawn up towards your tummy. If you prefer you can sit on the toilet
• Pull or twist the cap off the tube
• You can lubricate the nozzle to make it easier to put in. Squeeze a drop of medicine out onto the nozzle
• Put the full length of the nozzle into your back passage
• Gently squeeze the tube until it is empty
• Keep squeezing the tube as you pull the nozzle out. This is to stop the medicine being drawn back into the tube
• Wait for the laxative to work. This takes 5-15 minutes.
Always use Micralax exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
IMPORTANT: Your doctor or pharmacist will choose the dose that is right for you. Your dose will be shown clearly on the label that your pharmacist puts on your medicine. If it does not, or you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Adults and Children aged 3 years and over:
• Micralax usually works within 5 to 15 minutes, so make sure you are near a toilet before using it
• Always use a fresh tube of Micralax every time.
• The usual dose is one tube.
Remember: if after a few days treatment you are still constipated, you must see your doctor. You should not use laxatives for a long time.
Micralax contains The active substances are 450 mg sodium citrate and 45 mg sodium alkylsulphoacetate. The other ingredients are sorbitol solution, glycerol, sorbic acid and purified water.
See our other Stomach & Bowel Treatments
Like all medicines Micralax can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.
Most people find that using this medicine
causes no side effects, provided it is used
If you use Micralax too much it may
cause diarrhoea or loss of fluid.