Lyclear Creme Rinse
Lyclear Creme Rinse is used as a treatment to get rid of head lice and their eggs. It contains the ingredient permethrin which belongs to a group of medicines called pyrethroids which kill insects such as head lice
What Lyclear Creme Rinse is and what is it used for
Lyclear Creme Rinse is used as a treatment to get rid of head lice and their eggs. It contains the ingredient permethrin which belongs to a group of medicines called pyrethroids which kill insects such as head lice. Lyclear Creme Rinse is for use in adults and children over 6 months of age.
Before you use Lyclear Creme Rinse
Do not use this medicine if:
- you are allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients of Lyclear Creme Rinse or to other pyrethroids.
- you are known to be allergic to chrysanthemums or other compositae – you should only use Lyclear Crème Rinse after speaking to your doctor.
- Children up to 3 years Do not use Lyclear Crème Rinse in newborns and infants less than 6 months of age, unless your doctor tells you so.
- There is no adequate experience in infants and toddlers. Treatment to children up to 3 years of age should only be given under close medical supervision.
How to use Lyclear Creme Rinse
- Not to be swallowed.
- For external use only.
- Lyclear Creme Rinse should not irritate the eyes but it is best to avoid it coming into contact with the eyes. ( Rinse with plenty of cold water immediately should this happen)
- Shampoo the hair with a mild shampoo. Do not use combined shampoo conditioner or a medicated shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry so that the hair remains damp.
- After shaking the bottle thoroughly, apply sufficient Lyclear Rinse to saturate the hair, roots and scalp. Work methodically through the hair and remember to pay particular attention to the areas behind the ears and around the nape of the neck. For the majority of individuals all of the contents of this pack will be required to ensure that the hair and scalp are well saturated.
- Leave Lyclear Creme Rinse on the hair for 10 minutes. An application for longer than 10 minutes will not give better results, but a full 10 minutes is required.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. After the final rinse and while the hair is still wet, use the comb provided in the pack to remove the lice and eggs. Comb the hair in sections from the roots and work over the whole head in this way. Normal hair drying routines can then be followed.
Active substances: Permethrin (1% w/w) Other ingredients: 20% w/w isopropanol, stearalkonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-10 (polyoxyl 10 cetyl ether), hydroxyethylcellulose, hydrolysed animal protein, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), balsam fir canada, propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), fragrance 06.070, propylene glycol, sunset yellow (E110), anhydrous citric acid and purified water.
Like all medicines Lyclear Creme Rinse may have some possible side-effects.
Occasionally skin irritation, redness or rash may occur. However side-effects are not
common and when they occur they are usually mild and cannot always be distinguished
from the head lice infestation itself.
Frequency not known: sensations on the skin (paraesthesia) such as tingling, pricking,
skin burning sensation.
Reporting of side effects:
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes
any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects
directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this