Loratadine 10mg Antihistamine Tablets
- Non-Drowsy Antihistamine
- Active Ingredient: Loratadine
- Relieves Common Allergy Symptoms
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
Loratadine tablets are used to relieve symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever) and perennial allergic rhinitis (year round allergy symptoms). Symptoms of these conditions can include sneezing, runny nose, nasal itching, in addition to burning, itching and watering of the eyes.
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 -4||5 -6|
Buy Loratadine Tablets Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Loratadine Tablets Online. To Buy Loratadine Tablets UK Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Loratadine Tablets UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Loratadine Tablets Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Loratadine 10mg Antihistamine Tablets
Loratadine 10mg Antihistamine Tablets belong to a group of medicines called anti-histamines, which are used to treat various allergic conditions.
Loratadine 10mg Antihistamine Tablets are used to relieve symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis and perennial allergic rhinitis. Symptoms of these conditions can include sneezing, runny nose, nasal itching, in addition to burning, itching and watering of the eyes.
They can also be used to relieve symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria.
Loratadine 10 mg
Loratadine 10 mg tablets help reduce allergy symptoms by stopping the effects of a substance called “histamine”, which is something the body produces when you are allergic to something. Loratadine 10 mg tablets belong to a class of medications called “antihistamines”. You may have heard of them before or even used them before, such as Phenergan.
They can be used for other such conditions, including:
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Urticaria (hives)
Because of its drowsy nature, Loratadine 10 mg tablets are known as to cause drowsiness and is a common side effect amongst users.
The following are cautions and guidance’s from the Loratadine BNF page. Loratadine BNF guidance states that:
- Most antihistamine manufacturers advise avoiding use during pregnancy, however, there is no evidence of teratogenicity.
- Drowsiness can occur, so any skilled tasks can be affected such as cycling or driving.
Further information can be found on the Loratadine BNF page (British National Formulary), including further interactions and cautions.
Hayfever Tablets Loratadine
Features of Hayfever Tablets Loratadine
- Provides relief of hay fever symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, itchy throat or nose.
- Can also treat the symptoms associated with pets, house and dust mites.
- Can be taken for allergic skin reactions such as rash, itching, redness and urticarial.
- Up to 24 hour, all day relief.
Because of the ingredient called Loratadine, Hayfever Tablets Loratadine are different from many other UK antihistamine brands. This is because many of the other brands include cetirizine or acrivastine.
These different antihistamines work in very similar ways, but people find that Loratadine works better for them fighting allergy symptoms. This is simply the result of people reacting differently to each active ingredient. If a person finds, for example, that Hayfever Tablets Loratadine aren’t effective for them, they should consider finding an active ingredient that is.
Before using Loratadine Hayfever Tablets, do not take them if:
- You are allergic to Loratadine or any of the other ingredient of this medicine. Listed in the patient information leaflet.
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse before taking Loratadine Hayfever Tablets if:
- You have severe live problems.
- You are due to have any skin tests for allergies. Do not take this medication for two days before having these tests. This is because they could affect the test results.
If you’re currently taking other medications, or have recently taken any, tell your doctor or pharmacist. This also includes medicines taken without a prescription.
When taken concomitantly, the following medicines may increase the level of Loratadine in the blood and increase its side effects:
Antihistamines and the antihistamine loratadine are medicines often used to relieve symptoms of allergies, such as hay fever, hives, conjunctivitis and reactions to insect bites or stings.
Some are only available on prescription, but the majority of them can be bought from pharmacies and shops.
There are many different antihistamines, but most of them are divided up into 2 main groups. One of these groups are antihistamines that make you feel sleepy, whilst the others are less likely to make you feel sleepy.
The antihistamine loratadine is known as a non-drowsy antihistamine, making it less likely to make you feel drowsy. It’s still possible to feel drowsy when taking them, but at a reduced chance.
What Is Loratadine?
A common question we’re asked and see online is “What is Loratadine?”
Loratadine is an antihistamine that is often used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of hay fever. As well as being available by itself, it can also be found in combination with other medication such as pseudoephedrine (Sudafed).
Some key facts about Loratadine include:
- It’s usually taken once a day.
- Even though it’s classed as a non-drowsy antihistamine, many people still report feeling drowsy when using it.
- Children who take Loratadine may feel nervous or have a headache.
- Loratadine is the generic brand name, it can also be found under the brand names Clarityn Allergy and Clarityn Rapide Allergy.
If you want further information about “What is Loratadine?” please speak with a doctor or pharmacist before using this medication. Medical advisers may be able to provide better insight and recommend a more suitable treatment.
Loratadine Or Cetirizine
Choosing between Loratadine or Cetirizine can be tricky as both are effective at treating allergies, however there are certain advantages and disadvantages to both active ingredients.
Patients have reported that cetirizine gets to work faster, whilst Loratadine lasts for a longer period of time. If you’re looking for long lasting relief because of consistent hay fever symptoms, Loratadine may be the better option between the two.
On the other hand, if you’re worried about side effects when choosing between Loratadine or Cetirizine, Loratadine is more likely to interact with other drugs, increasing the risk of experiencing side effects. People with severe liver conditions should also avoid taking Loratadine.
The Loratadine Dosage given to you by your doctor or pharmacist should always be followed exactly as they’ve told you. Check with them if you’re unsure.
Recommended Loratadine Dosage: Age Ranges
- 10 mg once daily (one tablet once daily)
A doctor may prescribe a different dose, if you have severe liver problems.
Children over 12 years old
- 10 mg one daily (one tablet once daily)
Children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Body weight over 30 kg: 10mg once daily (one tablet once daily)
- Body weight 30 kg or below: Not recommended
Children aged less than 2 years old
- Not recommended
If you forget to take your Loratadine dosage, take one as soon as you remember, then go on as before. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Loratadine Side Effects
Like with all medicines, Loratadine Side Effects can occur, but not everyone will experience them.
You should immediately stop taking Loratadine tablets and consult with your doctor if you develop an allergic reaction. The symptoms of this can consist of:
- Skin rash or eruptions
- Swelling of the face/tongue/lips/hands/feet
- Breathing difficulties
The above Loratadine side effects are rare but are extremely serious.
The most commonly reported Loratadine side effects in adults and children over 12 years old are:
- Increase appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
The most commonly reported Loratadine side effects in children aged 2 to 12 years are:
The following are very rare side effects:
- Rapid heartbeat, palpitations
- Dryness of the mouth
- Irritation of the stomach lining
- Hair loss
- Abnormal liver function
Frequency not known:
- Weight increase
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking Loratadine Pregnancy.
Do not take Loratadine Pregnancy if you are breast-feeding as this treatment passes into the mother’s milk. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Like all medicines, Loratadine tablets can cause side effects, although not every body gets them.Stop taking Loratadine tablets and contact your doctor at once if you notice signs of:
– An allergic reaction: swelling of the face,lips, tongue or throat
– Narrowing of the airways causing difficulty breathing
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following side effects or notice any other effects not listed:
– Nervous system: tiredness, sleepiness,inability to sleep, headache, nervousness,dizziness.
– Heart: fast or irregular heart beat.
– Stomach and intestines: increased appetite, feeling or being sick, diarrhoea,indigestion, dry mouth.
– Liver: abnormal liver function(seen in blood tests).
– Skin: hair loss (alopecia).
If you notice any side effects, they get worse,or if you notice any not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
For the patient information leaflet