Germolene Antiseptic Cream 55g
- Suitable For Use On Children
- Effectively Prevents Infections
- Numbs Pain
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Germolene Antiseptic Cream is used to ease pain and help prevent infections of minor cuts and grazes, minor burns, scalds, blisters, stings and insect bites, spots and chapped or rough skin.
Germolene Antiseptic Cream
What Is Germolene Antiseptic Cream?
Germolene Antiseptic Cream is used to ease pain and help prevent infections of minor cuts and grazes, minor burns, scalds, blisters, stings and insect bites, spots and chapped or rough skin. The active ingredients of this cream are phenol and chlorhexidine digluconate. Phenol has a local anaesthetic for the relief of pain and both active substances have antiseptic properties for the disinfection of wounds, skin and burns.
See more on cuts and grazes on the NHS website.
How To Use Germolene Antiseptic Cream
For adults, the elderly and children:
- Before using the product for the first time, check that the tube seal is not broken.
- Break the tube seal by peeling from the tag.
- Thoroughly clean the affected area with warm water (do not use soap).
- Minor cuts, grazes etc – apply the cream directly on a dressing. Minor burns, scalds and blisters – apply the cream generously and massage it gently.
- Replace the cap firmly after use.
Before You Use
Do NOT use this product:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to phenol, chlorhexidine or any other ingredients in this product.
Like all medicines, Germolene Antiseptic Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Rarely, you may experience local irritation, rash or other skin reactions at the site of application after applying the cream. Frequent applications of the cream to the same area for long periods of time or over large areas of skin may lead to skin irritation.
The active ingredients are phenol 1.2% w/w and chlorhexidine digluconate 0.25% w/w. The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, light liquid paraffin, polyoxyethylene stearyl ethers, colours (ponceau 4R (E124), sunset yellow (E110)), dimeticone, methyl salicylate and water.