Dymista Nasal Spray 23g
£26.99 – £72.99
Dymista is a prescription nasal spray that contains the drugs azelastine and fluticasone.
A Dual combination treatment that contains both an antihistamine and a steroid making it an extremely effective way of managing hay fever symptoms such as runny nose, post nasal drip, sneezing and itchy or blocked nose.
What is Dymista Nasal Spray?
Dymista Nasal Spray contains two active substances: azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate.
Azelastine hydrochloride belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. Antihistamines work by preventing the effects of substances such as histamine that the body produces as part of an allergic reaction – thus reducing symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
Fluticasone propionate belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids which reduces inflammation.
Dymista Nasal Spray is used to relieve the symptoms of moderate to severe seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis if the use of either intranasal antihistamine or corticosteroid alone is not considered sufficient.
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis are allergic reactions to substances such as pollen (hayfever), house mites, molds, dust or pets.
Dymista Nasal Spray relieves the symptoms of allergies, for example: runny nose, post nasal drip, sneezing and itchy or blocked nose.
For more information about Allergies, click here.
See our full range of allergy relief treatments.
How do you use Dymista Nasal Spray?
For adults and adolescents (12 years and above), the recommended dose is one spray into each nostril in the morning and evening. This medication is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Preparing the spray- Shake the bottle gently for 5 seconds and then press down and release the pump six times into the air until a fine mist appears.
If the spray has not been used for more than 7 days, you will need to prepare the pump again as before.
Using the spray
- Shake the bottle gently for 5 seconds
- Blow your nose to clear your nostrils
- Keep your head tilted downwards – do not tilt your head backwards
- Hold the bottle upright and carefully insert the spray tip into one nostril
- Close the other nostril with your finger
- Rapidly press down once on the pump and sniff gently at the same time
- Breathe out through your mouth
- Repeat in your other nostril
- Breathe in gently, do not tilt your head back after dosing
- Wipe the spray tip with a clean tissue and then replace the protective cap
Dymista duration of treatment
Dymista Nasal Spray is suitable for long-term use.
The duration of treatment should correspond to the period of experiencing allergy symptoms.
Check if you have hay fever
Symptoms of hay fever include:
sneezing and coughing
a runny or blocked nose
itchy, red or watery eyes
itchy throat, mouth, nose and ears
loss of smell
pain around your temples and forehead
If you have asthma, you might also:
have a tight feeling in your chest
be short of breath
wheeze and cough
Hay fever will last for weeks or months, unlike a cold, which usually goes away after 1 to 2 weeks.
How to treat hay fever yourself
There’s currently no cure for hay fever and you can’t prevent it. But you can do things to ease your symptoms when the pollen count is high.
put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
shower and change your clothes after you’ve been outside to wash pollen off
stay indoors whenever possible
keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a special HEPA filter
cut grass or walk on grass
spend too much time outside
keep fresh flowers in the house
smoke or be around smoke – it makes your symptoms worse
dry clothes outside – they can catch pollen
let pets into the house if possible – they can carry pollen indoors
Common Side Effects of Dymista
Tell your doctor if any of the following side effects become severe or don’t go away:
– Unusual taste in your mouth
– Serious Side Effects of Dymista
Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects:
– Severe or ongoing nosebleeds
– Blurred vision or eye pain
– Seeing halos around lights
– Wounds that won’t heal
– Severe drowsiness
– Extreme fatigue
– Muscle weakness
– Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
– Loss of appetite or weight loss
– Sores, redness, or white patches in the mouth or throat
– Symptoms of an infection, such as fever, chills, or body aches
– Noisy breathing, a runny nose, or crusting around the nostrils
– Slowed or delayed growth in children
– Signs of an allergic reaction (may include hives, rash, itching, chest tightness, or swelling of the – face, lips, tongue, or throat)
For the patient information leaflet