What is Dymista Nasal Spray?
Dymista Nasal Spray contains two active substances: azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate.
Azelastine hydrochloride belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. Antihistamines work by preventing the effects of substances such as histamine that the body produces as part of an allergic reaction – thus reducing symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
Fluticasone propionate belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids which reduces inflammation.
Dymista Nasal Spray is used to relieve the symptoms of moderate to severe seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis if the use of either intranasal antihistamine or corticosteroid alone is not considered sufficient.
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis are allergic reactions to substances such as pollen (hayfever), house mites, molds, dust or pets.
Dymista Nasal Spray relieves the symptoms of allergies, for example: runny nose, post nasal drip, sneezing and itchy or blocked nose.
For more information about Allergies, click here.
See our full range of allergy relief treatments.
How do you use Dymista Nasal Spray?
For adults and adolescents (12 years and above), the recommended dose is one spray into each nostril in the morning and evening. This medication is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
Preparing the spray- Shake the bottle gently for 5 seconds and then press down and release the pump six times into the air until a fine mist appears.
If the spray has not been used for more than 7 days, you will need to prepare the pump again as before.
Using the spray
- Shake the bottle gently for 5 seconds
- Blow your nose to clear your nostrils
- Keep your head tilted downwards – do not tilt your head backwards
- Hold the bottle upright and carefully insert the spray tip into one nostril
- Close the other nostril with your finger
- Rapidly press down once on the pump and sniff gently at the same time
- Breathe out through your mouth
- Repeat in your other nostril
- Breathe in gently, do not tilt your head back after dosing
- Wipe the spray tip with a clean tissue and then replace the protective cap
Dymista duration of treatment
Dymista Nasal Spray is suitable for long-term use.
The duration of treatment should correspond to the period of experiencing allergy symptoms.