£4.86 – £11.27
- Can Be Used For Babies and Children
- Effective Treatment for Eczema & Dry Skin Conditions
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Dermol Cream is an effective treatment for dry, itchy skin, eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin conditions. Dermol Cream is a useful moisturiser helps to moisturise the skin surface and it can be applied to dry skin after washing.
Buy more and save!
|Quantity||1||2 -4||5 -6|
What is Dermol and what is it used for
Dermol helps combat bacteria present on your skin that can make eczema worse and prevents infection caused by scratching itchy skin, it also helps soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin and preventing the skin-drying and irritants to the skin that can be caused by washing and bathing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary skin cleansing products.
• Dermol Cream is an antimicrobial and emollient (softening and moisturising) treatment for application to dry or problem skin
• It is for use in two ways: – as a leave-on application – as a soap-substitute
• It helps treat and prevent dry and itchy (pruritic) skin conditions, especially eczema and dermatitis.
• All age groups can use Dermol Cream, including babies.
• This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor or pharmacist may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
see more on Eczema
Before you use Dermol
Do not use Dermol Cream if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to benzalkonium chloride, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, liquid paraffin, isopropyl myristate, or any of the other ingredients of Dermol Cream.
Warnings and precautions
•As with any product, severe generalised allergic reactions are possible. Very rare reports of such reactions in susceptible individuals, leading to a drop in blood pressure and even to unconsciousness, have been associated with products containing chlorhexidine.
•You must not use Dermol Cream if you have had problems with chlorhexidine-containing products in the past.
•Do not smoke or go near naked flames – risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard.
•Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it. Take care when using this product:
• For patients with very sensitive skin, it is generally a good idea to start any new treatment on a small test area first, in case any side effect occurs
•This is especially important when treating the face or young children. Thereafter, treatments may be applied more generously, as required.
• Avoid getting it in the eyes, especially when using it on the face.
• When used as a soap substitute in the bath or shower the product can make the surface slippery, so be careful to avoid slipping over when getting into and out of your shower or bath (e.g. by using a shower or bath mat).
How to use Dermol Cream
Use it only on the skin. For maximum benefit you should use it on a regular basis and as often as required. Before using the 500 g bottle, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it. After unlocking, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
The same instructions apply for all age groups:- For use as a leave-on application:
• Apply Dermol Cream to the affected areas
• Gently smooth into the skin
• If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously
• Reapply as often as required
• If you are applying another treatment to the same areas of skin as Dermol Cream, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternately, leaving sufficient time to allow the previous application to soak in
For use as a soap substitute:-
• Use Dermol Cream to wash with instead of your ordinary soap or shower gel. It will not foam or lather like ordinary cosmetic products
• After washing, bathing or showering, pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse)
The active ingredients in this product are benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w), chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w), liquid paraffin (10% w/w) and isopropyl myristate (10% w/w). The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate and purified water.
see our other Eczema & Dermatitis Products
Like all medicines, Dermol Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following reactions stop using Dermol Cream and get urgent
medical help: swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat; a sudden uncharacteristic red itchy
skin rash (hives) away from the site of application; wheezing or breathing difficulty; feeling faint
or dizzy; a strange metallic taste in the mouth; or collapse. You may be having a serious allergic
This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin areas anywhere on
the body. Rarely, Dermol Cream can cause skin reactions on treated areas (involving redness,
irritation and/or itching). These very rare skin reactions may become more significant where
associated with excessive use as a leave-on application in areas of folded skin such as the groin
or in the nappy area.
Stop using this cream and tell your doctor or pharmacist:
• If your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
• If any of the side effects become unacceptable, or you notice any other side effects not
mentioned in this leaflet.