Daktarin Powder Original 20g
- Effective Fungal Infection Treatment
- Next Day Delivery Available
- Active Ingredient : Miconazole
Daktarin Powder is a medicine which is used to treat infections of the skin which may appear on the hands, feet, outer ear, trunk or groin. It is also used to treat nappy rash.
Buy more and save!
What is Daktarin Powder Original
Daktarin Powder is a medicine which is used to treat infections of the skin which may appear on the hands, feet, outer ear, trunk or groin. It is also used to treat nappy rash. The powder contains miconazole nitrate which works by destroying both the fungus that causes the infection and some of the associated bacteria which may also be present. The powder helps to dry the skin as well as treat the infection. This medicine is for use in adults and children of all ages.
Before you use Daktarin Powder Original
Do not use Daktarin Powder Original
- If you are allergic to the active substance, other similar antifungal medicines or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If your infection is on your hair or nails. If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Daktarin Powder
How to use Daktarin Powder Original
Adults and children of all ages – Apply the Daktarin powder to the infected skin twice a day (e.g. at night and in the morning)Continue treatment for 10 days after all the symptoms have cleared to prevent them from coming back.
- If symptoms persist talk to your doctor
- For cutaneous use only, which means it is applied directly to the affected area of skin
- Wash the infected area and dry it well. As many skin conditions are contagious, you should keep a towel and flannel for your own use and not share it so that you do not infect anyone else.
- Sprinkle the powder onto the infected area and surrounding skin. It may be used on broken skin and is particularly useful where a drying effect is required. The powder can also be dusted inside socks, shoes and clothing which are in contact with the infected area
- Wash your hands carefully after applying the powder to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas, such as socks, should be washed and changed frequently.
- Do not use more often than the stated dose shown in the table.
Daktarin Powder Original Ingredients
The active ingredient in 1 g of Daktarin Powder is: Miconazole nitrate 20 mg. Other ingredients are: Talc, zinc oxide and colloidal anhydrous silica.
See our foot care range
■ A severe allergic reaction which may include:
■ Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or
■ Difficulty in swallowing or breathing
■ Itchy rash (hives)
■ skin burning sensation, application site reactions,
application site irritation, application site
burning, application site warmth, application site
itchiness, skin inflammation, skin discolouration.
Other side-effects which may occur but it is
unknown how often:
■ Rash, skin irritation, itchiness or redness
If you experience any side-effects not included in
this leaflet or are not sure about anything, talk to
your doctor or pharmacist.