Clenil Modulite (Beclomethasone) Preventer Inhaler
£19.49 – £35.69
- PRIOR DIAGNOSIS REQUIRED BY OWN GP FOR ORDER TO BE APPROVED!
- Preventative Asthma Treatment
- Reduces Inflamation Over A Long Period
- Active Ingrediant: Beclomethasone Dipropionate
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Includes Free Prescription
PRIOR DIAGNOSIS REQUIRED BY OWN GP FOR ORDER TO BE APPROVED!
Known as a “preventer” inhaler, Clenil Modulite can be used to control symptoms of mild, moderate or severe Asthma. The active ingredient, beclomethasone dipropionate is a steroid which decreases inflammation of the air passages.
- Overview of Clenil Modulite
- Dosages Available
- Understanding Clenil
- Instructions for Use
- Side Effects
- Purchase Options
- Alternative Medications
- Travel Tips with Clenil Modulite
- Lifestyle Tips for Asthma Patients
- Further Information
Overview of Clenil Modulite
At My Pharmacy, we aim to provide our customers with the best possible information to ensure they make informed health decisions. Clenil Modulite, a trusted asthma management medication, is among our top-rated offerings. Asthma, a chronic lung condition, can severely impact daily life with symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, and coughing. With the right medication, many individuals find they can lead a life largely free from symptoms. Clenil Modulite serves as a preventive measure, curbing inflammation in the lungs and reducing the frequency and severity of asthma attacks. By choosing our online platform for your pharmaceutical needs, you’re not just receiving medication, but also our dedication to your overall health and wellbeing.
We offer Clenil Modulite in three concentrations: 50 mcg, 100 mcg, and 200 mcg. The precise dose and frequency depend on the patient’s age and the severity of their asthma, as determined by a physician. Detailed guidelines on dosage can be found in the patient information leaflet accompanying the inhaler.
Clenil Modulite is a pressurised inhalation solution used for the management of mild to severe asthma symptoms. The primary active ingredient is beclomethasone dipropionate, a type of corticosteroid known for its anti-inflammatory properties. This medication works by reducing inflammation in the lungs, preventing asthma attacks.
For a detailed comparison between Clenil Modulite and similar medications, consider reading this informative article.
Instructions for Use
It is crucial to understand the correct method of using the Clenil Modulite inhaler to ensure maximum efficacy. Your healthcare provider will guide you, but as a reference, watch this YouTube video on the proper use of PMDI inhalers. Always consult the provided patient leaflet or your physician if you have any doubts.
Medications, while beneficial, can sometimes lead to side effects. It’s important to be informed about potential side effects so you can monitor your health and consult your doctor if needed.
Clenil Modulite’s potential side effects include:
- Thrush in the Mouth or Throat: A fungal infection that might appear white and can be associated with discomfort.
- Hoarseness or a Sore Throat/Tongue: You may notice a change in your voice or a persistent soreness in the throat.
- Allergic Reactions: Symptoms may vary from skin rashes and hives to more severe reactions like facial swelling or difficulty breathing.
It’s essential to understand that not everyone will experience these side effects, and they may be temporary. Always notify your doctor if you observe any unusual symptoms or if side effects persist. For more information regarding Clenil Modulite side effects, read the Patient Information Leaflet.
While Clenil Modulite cannot be bought over the counter, My Pharmacy provides an easy online ordering system. You can procure Clenil Modulite and other medications, including repeat prescriptions, with the convenience of next-day delivery. For current pricing based on dosage and quantity, please refer to the top of the product page.
Every individual is unique, and while Clenil Modulite may be effective for many, some might require or prefer alternative treatments. Some notable alternatives include:
- Qvar: Similar to Clenil Modulite, it contains the corticosteroid beclomethasone but is formulated with smaller particles for deeper lung penetration.
- Fostair Pink Inhaler: A combination inhaler containing both a corticosteroid and a bronchodilator. It not only reduces inflammation but also helps open up the airways.
Remember to consult with your healthcare professional before switching treatments or combining medications. For a broader range of asthma treatments, explore our asthma product range.
Travel Tips with Clenil Modulite
If you have plans to travel, being prepared is essential, especially when managing a chronic condition like asthma:
- Always Carry Your Inhaler: Make sure it’s easily accessible, especially during air travel.
- Prescription Information: Always carry your prescription or a letter from your doctor detailing your medication and its necessity. This can be useful for security checks and in case of emergencies.
- Monitor Your Medication: If you’re going to be away for an extended period, ensure you have enough Clenil Modulite to last the duration of your trip.
Lifestyle Tips for Asthma Patients
Managing asthma isn’t just about medication; lifestyle choices play a significant role in determining the frequency and severity of symptoms:
- Stay Active: Regular, moderate exercise can improve lung capacity and overall health. Swimming, in particular, is often recommended for asthma patients.
- Dietary Choices: Some foods can trigger asthma symptoms. Monitor your diet and observe any patterns. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon, may help reduce inflammation.
- Avoid Smoke: Not only is it crucial to refrain from smoking, but also avoid areas where smoking is allowed.
Knowledge is a significant component of health management. Clenil Modulite is more than just an inhaler; it’s a tool in your arsenal against asthma. Regular monitoring by your doctor ensures that the medication is effective and that your asthma is under control. This may involve simple breathing tests and occasional blood tests.
Remember, Clenil Modulite is a preventive treatment. It works over time, reducing inflammation and the likelihood of asthma attacks. It does not provide immediate relief during an attack; for that, a reliever inhaler is needed.
Also, ensure you follow storage instructions. Store the inhaler in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children.
Should you have any concerns, questions, or need guidance on using Clenil Modulite, our team at My Pharmacy is always ready to assist. Your health is our utmost priority, and we are committed to providing comprehensive support every step of the way.
Asthma is a common lung condition that causes occasional breathing difficulties.
It affects people of all ages and often starts in childhood, although it can also develop for the first time in adults.
There’s currently no cure, but there are simple treatments that can help keep the symptoms under control so it doesn’t have a big impact on your life.
The main symptoms of asthma are:
- wheezing (a whistling sound when breathing) breathlessness
- a tight chest, which may feel like a band is tightening around it coughing
- The symptoms can sometimes get temporarily worse. This is known as an asthma attack.
Several conditions can cause similar symptoms, so it’s important to get a proper diagnosis and correct treatment.
Your GP will usually be able to diagnose asthma by asking about symptoms and carrying out some simple tests.
Asthma is usually treated by using an inhaler, a small device that lets you breathe in medicines.
The main types are:
reliever inhalers – used when needed to quickly relieve asthma symptoms for a short time
preventer inhalers – used every day to prevent asthma symptoms occurring
Some people also need to take tablets.
Causes and triggers
Asthma is caused by swelling (inflammation) of the breathing tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs. This makes the tubes highly sensitive, so they temporarily narrow.
It may occur randomly or after exposure to a trigger. Common asthma triggers include:
allergies – to house dust mites, animal fur or pollen, for example
smoke, pollution and cold air
infections like colds or flu
Identifying and avoiding your asthma triggers can help you keep your symptoms under control.
Although asthma can normally be kept under control, it’s still a serious condition that can cause a number of problems.
This is why it’s so important to follow your treatment plan and not ignore your symptoms if they’re getting worse.
Badly controlled asthma can cause problems such as:
feeling tired all the time
underperformance at or absence from work or school
stress, anxiety or depression
disruption of your work and leisure because of unplanned visits to your GP or hospital
lung infections (pneumonia)
delays in growth or puberty in children
There’s also a risk of severe asthma attacks, which can be life-threatening.
Like all medicines, Clenil Modulite can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you notice an immediate increase in wheezing, shortness of breath and cough straight
after using your inhaler, stop using Clenil Modulite and use a quick-acting ‘reliever’ inhaler
immediately. Contact your doctor straightaway. Your doctor will review your asthma and may
change your treatment and may prescribe a different inhaler to treat your asthma.
The following side effects have been reported. Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you suffer
from any of these side effects but do not stop treatment unless told to do so. Your doctor will
try to prevent these effects by prescribing Clenil Modulite in the lowest dose possible to control
• Allergic reactions including skin rashes, hives, itching or redness, or swelling of the face, eyes,
lips and throat.
• Thrush in the mouth and throat. This is more likely if the daily dose taken is greater than 400
micrograms. Thrush can be treated with anti-fungal medicines whilst you continue to use Clenil
Modulite. Brushing your teeth, or throughly rinsing your mouth with water immediately
after each dose may help prevent thrush.
• Hoarse voice or a sore throat or tongue. Using a Volumatic spacer device or rinsing your
mouth with water immediately after using your inhaler may help prevent this.
• Changes to the normal production of the steriods in the body, particularly after treatment with
Clenil Modulite at high doses over a long period of time.
• If you become unwell or develop symptoms such as loss of appetite, abdominal pain, weight
loss, tiredness, nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick), feeling faint, sweating and possible
convulsions (fits), you should consult your doctor. This is particularly important if you have
been exposed to stress such as surgery, infection, an acute attack of asthma, or other serious
Your doctor may carry out blood test from time to time to monitor the levels of steroids in
• Children and adolescents may grow more slowly and may need to have their height checked
regularly by their doctor. This occurs particularly after treatment with Clenil Modulite at high
doses over a long period of time.
A decrease in bone mineral density (thinning and weakening of the bones) and eye problems
which include the formation of cataracts and glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
• Sleeping problems, depression or feeling worried, restless, nervous, over-excited or irritable. These effects are more likely to occur in children.
• Nausea (feeling sick)
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the YellowCard Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Further information can be found on the manufacturers
Paitient Information Leaflet and printed if required.