Canesten Solution 20ml
- Active Ingredients: Clotrimazole
- Effective Athletes Foot Relief & Nappy Rash
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Canesten Solution Clotrimazole 1% can provides symptomatic treatment for fungal and associated infections. It may be used for treating athlete’s foot, fungal ear infections, nappy rash, sweat rash, jock itch, or ringworm.
Only 5 left in stock
What is Canesten Solution and what is it used for
Canesten Solution is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal intertrigo and fungal infections of the outer and middle ear. If you are unsure whether you have one of these fungal skin infections, seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist
Before you use Canesten Solution
- Do not use :If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or the other ingredient of Canesten Solution, macrogol 400.
- Using other medicines: Canesten Solution and Sofradex drops may cause a heat reaction when used together. Consult your doctor before using these products together in the ear.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using.
How to use Canesten Solution
If Canesten has been prescribed for you by your doctor, follow any instructions he/she may have given you. If you purchased this product without a prescription, follow these directions closely:
• If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the solution.
• For skin infections, it should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily.
• A few drops of Canesten Solution are enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
• For ear infections, put 2 – 3 drops in the ear two or three times daily.
• The treatment should be continued for at least two weeks after the disappearance of all signs of infection, to prevent re-infection.
• If you have athlete’s foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
Canesten Solution Ingredients
• The active substance is clotrimazole at a strength of 1% w/v.
• The other ingredient is macrogol 400.
Like all medicines, Canesten Solution can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.
As with all medicines, some people may be allergic to the
solution. If you are allergic, a reaction will occur soon after
you start using it. If you experience an allergic reaction,
stop using Canesten Solution and tell your doctor straight
away or contact the Accident and Emergency Department
of your nearest hospital. Signs of an allergic reaction may
• Swallowing or breathing problems.
• Swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
• Weakness, feeling dizzy or faint.
After you apply the solution you might experience:
• Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling,
irritation, redness or peeling of skin