Calcichew 500mg Chewable Tablets – 100 Tablets
- Chewable Tablets
- Active Ingredient : Calcium Carbonate
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
Calcichew 500 mg Chewable Tablets are orange flavoured chewable tablets containing the active ingredient calcium. Calcium is found in the diet and is an important substance in bone formation.
Calcichew 500mg Chewable Tablets
What Calcichew 500mg is and what it is used for
Calcichew 500mg Chewable Tablets are orange flavoured chewable tablets containing the active ingredient calcium. Calcium is found in the diet and is an important substance in bone formation. This supplement may also be prescribed or recommended for certain bone conditions, for example osteoporosis, or during pregnancy.
See more information on Calcium on the NHS website.
Before you take Calcichew 500mg
Do not take Calcichew 500 mg Chewable Tablets if you:
- are allergic (hypersensitive) to calcium or any of the other ingredients of this supplement
- have a condition that causes excessive amounts of calcium in your blood or urine (hypercalcaemia or hypercalciuria)
- have kidney stones
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Calcichew 500 mg:
- if you have osteoporosis (brittle bones) and are also unable to move around
- if you are on long term treatment, especially if you are taking medicines for a heart disorder (cardiac glycosides), or diuretics (used in the treatment of high blood pressure or oedema)
- if you have signs of impaired kidney function or a high tendency to kidney stone (calculus) formation
- if you have cancer or any other conditions that may have affected your bones. Your serum calcium or phosphate levels, or urinary calcium excretion must be monitored if you have any of the following conditions
- kidney problems
- you are on long-term treatment with Calcichew
- you are already taking additional doses of calcium If you have increased calcium levels in the blood or develop signs of kidney problems, the dose of Calcichew 500 mg should be reduced or the treatment discontinued.
How to take Calcichew 500mg
The recommended dose is for use as an additional osteoporosis therapy:
- One tablet 2 or 3 times a day
The recommended dose for children:
- one tablet 2 or 3 times a day. The tablets can be chewed or sucked
How to store Calcichew 500mg
- Keep this supplement out of the sight and reach of children
- Store in the original package to protect from moisture
- Do not store above 30°C
- Do not use this supplement after the expiry date
- Do not throw away any supplements via wastewater or household waste
Ask your pharmacist how to throw away supplements you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
- The active ingredient in each tablet is 1250 mg calcium carbonate (equivalent to 500 mg calcium)
- The other ingredients are:xylitol (E967), povidone, isomalt (E953), fatty acid mono- and di-glycerides, magnesium stearate, orange flavour, and sucralose (E955)