Benylin Chesty Coughs (Non-Drowsy) 300ml
- Active Ingredients: Guaifenesin & Levomenthol
- Relieves Chesty Coughs
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
- Next Day Delivery Available
When you’re suffering from a deep, chesty cough, but still want to get on with your normal daily routine, Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy works deep down to loosen phlegm, clear bronchial congestion, and make your cough more productive.
What is Benylin Chesty Coughs and what is it used for
Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy is a medicine which is used to help relieve chesty coughs. It contains Guaifenesin (an expectorant) to help loosen mucus (phlegm) from the lungs and make it easier to cough up, and Levomenthol to help you breathe more easily by easing congestion. The medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Before you use Benylin Chesty Coughs
This medicine is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
• If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
• For a child under 12 years of age.
If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy.
• If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
• If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
• If you have had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm).
• If you are taking alcohol
If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist. If any of these bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
How to use Benylin Chesty Coughs
Adults and children aged 12 years and over – Take Two 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day.
Always read the patient information leaflet before use and Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours. If symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Benylin Chesty Coughs Ingredients
This medicine contains sucrose and liquid glucose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. This contains 3.49 g glucose per 5 ml. Contains 1 g of sucrose per 5 ml. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
• This medicinal product contains 5 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 200 mg per 5 ml, equivalent to 5 ml beer, 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breast-feeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
• Ponceau 4R (E124) may cause allergic reactions.
• This medicinal product contains 16.42 mg sodium per 5 ml. To be taken into consideration by patients on a controlled sodium diet.
The active ingredients in 5 ml of Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy are: 100 mg Guaifenesin and 1.1 mg Levomenthol. Other ingredients are: Sucrose, liquid glucose, ethanol, glycerol, sodium citrate, saccharin sodium, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), Ponceau 4R (E124), caramel (E150), carbomer, raspberry essence, natural sweetness enhancer and water