Anusol HC Ointment 30g
- Helps To Relieve Swelling, Itching & Irritation
- Fast Delivery Option Available At Checkout
- Buy With Confidence From UK Registered Pharmacy
Anusol HC ointment relieve the symptoms of haemorrhoids and anal itching. The ointment treats both internal and external haemorrhoids, while the suppositories are only for internal haemorrhoids or itching.
Buy Anusol HC Ointment Online
My Pharmacy is the best place to Buy Anusol HC Ointment Online. To Buy Anusol HC Ointment Next Day Delivery you are not required to have a prescription, but you will need to complete our free online consultation service.
Buy Anusol HC Ointment UK Next Day Delivery
Through My Pharmacy you can Buy Anusol HC Ointment Online. Each treatment is sent out in secure and discreet packaging ensuring that you get your medicine on time and intact.
Anusol Ointment helps to relieve the swelling, itch and irritation of internal and irritation of internal and external piles (haemorrhoids) and anal itching. Anusol Ointment contains the following ingredients:
- Hydrocortisone acetate is a mild steroid which helps reduce inflammation.
- Zinc oxide and Bismuth salts are mildly astringent and antiseptic. They soothe and protect raw areas.
- Balsam Peru is mildly antiseptic and has a protective action on sore areas and may help healing.
- Benzyl benzoate has mild antiseptic properties. Anusol ointment is for use by adults over the age of 18 years old.
Anusol Plus Ointment
The only difference between Anusol Plus Ointment and Anusol HC Ointment is the latter being a ‘P’ medicine and the other a POM (prescription only medicine).
The default classification of medicine in the UK is Pharmacy medicine (P). However, newly authorised medicines are usually restricted and are only available with a prescription. Once the medicine has been used and evidence is garnered that it is safe for use without a prescription, the product can be reclassified as a non-prescription product.
There is currently no difference between Anusol Plus Ointment and Anusol HC Ointment. Please speak to a doctor before purchasing products over-the-counter if you’re already using other OTC or POM medicines.
Anusol HC Ointment
You may want to use Anusol HC Ointment for haemorrhoids if you experience any of the signs and symptoms of piles.
Signs and symptoms of haemorrhoids include:
- Bright red blood after having a poo
- Itchy anus
- Feeling as though you still need to poo after going to the toilet
- Slimy mucus on toilet paper or in underwear after wiping the bottom
- Pain and lumps around the anus.
Using Anusol HC Ointment will be different depending on whether the piles are internal or external.
For external piles, after washing and drying the affected area, the ointment should be applied using a gauze dressing.
For internal piles; after washing and drying the affected area, crew the nozzle provided onto the tube, remove the nozzle cap; insert the nozzle into the back passage and squeeze gently. Clean the nozzle after every use.
As well as recommending Anusol HC Ointment, a pharmacist may be able to recommend other treatment options. Some of these could include:
- Creams to ease the pain, itching and swelling
- Medication that softens stool to help constipation
- Cold packs to ease discomfort
Anusol Cream Or Ointment?
A common question we see online is “Anusol Cream or Ointment?”
The difference between Anusol Cream and Anusol HC Ointment are the way they are designed to be applied to active haemorrhoids. Anusol Ointment is thicker and is used for relieving symptoms of sore, dry skin. Anusol Cream on the other hand, is thinner and is more easily absorbed.
Anusol HC Ointment is designed to be used for internal piles and external piles, helping to relieve the swelling, itch and irritation. The ingredients in Anusol HC Ointment are called Benzyl Benzoate and hydrocortisone acetate, a steroid that reduces inflammation.
Anusol HC Ointment can be externally applied whenever you need relief. However, the relief provided by Anusol HC ointment isn’t as long-lasting as a suppository. A suppository breaks down more slowly, allowing the medication to be released over a period of time.
Anusol HC Ointment Price
The Anusol HC Ointment price here at My Pharmacy starts off at as little as £10.99. If you can find a better Anusol HC Ointment price elsewhere, you should always make sure you obtain it from a registered and trusted pharmacy.
Any online pharmacy should be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and any online doctor service should registered with the Care Quality Commission and General Medical Council.
If the Anusol HC Ointment price or other medication prices look too good to be true, the products you are purchasing could be illegitimate or counterfeit.
Anusol Plus HC Ointment
Anusol Plus HC Ointment is suitable for most people but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use Anusol Plus HC Ointment if you:
- Are allergic to Anusol or any of the other ingredients listed in the patient information leaflet.
- Have fungal, viral or bacterial skin sores. If the above bullet points apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Anusol.
Talk to a doctor or pharmacist…
- If you have rectal bleeding or blood in the stool or if you are in doubt whether any bleeding you have experienced is caused by piles.
- If symptoms worsen or do not improve after you have used Anusol Plus HC Ointment for 7 days.
- Some medicines increase the effects of Anusol HC Ointment and your doctor may wish to monitor you carefully if you are taking these medicines (including some for HIV: ritonavir, cobicistat).
- If you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Contact a doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances. If any of the above bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
How To Use Anusol Ointment
Please follow the instructions below or the ones found in the patient information leaflet on how to use Anusol Ointment correctly.
Anusol HC Ointment is for topical use only, which means it is applied directly to the affected area.
- Wash the anal area and dry gently with a soft towel before using this medicine.
- There is a nozzle supplied with the product which can be used to apply the ointment into the back passage (anus).
- For external piles
- After washing and drying the affected area, the ointment should be applied using a gauze dressing.
- For internal piles
- After washing and drying the affected area, screw the nozzle provided onto the tube, remove the nozzle cap; insert the nozzle into the back passage and squeeze gently. Clean the nozzle after each use.
- Wash your hands before and after using Anusol Ointment.
This medicine is not recommended for children under 18 years old.
Adults and the elderly
- Apply sparingly to the affected area. You should use as often as prescribed by your doctor; however, Anusol HC Ointment is usually used at night, in the morning and after each bowel movement.
- Do NOT take orally
- Do not use more than 4 times a day unless prescribed otherwise by your doctor
- Do not use for more than 7 consecutive days
Please speak to a doctor if you have trouble following the how to use Anusol Ointment instructions.
Anusol Ointment Side Effects
Like all medicines, Anusol Ointment side effects can occur, but not everybody will experience them. Please stop using this medicine and speak to a doctor if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Hypersensitivity reactions (such as rash).
Other Anusol Ointment side effects which may occur but it is unknown how often:
- Burning, redness, irritation, itching, or pain may occur when applying the ointment. This does not usually last a long time, so if this lasts longer than a few days, tell your doctor.
- Blurred vision.
If you get any Anusol Ointment side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the patient information leaflet.
Can I Use Anusol Ointment While Pregnant?
Another common question we often see online regarding this product is “Can I use Anusol Ointment while pregnant?”
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding do not use Anusol HC Ointment. Using medication whilst pregnant or breastfeeding could cause harm to you or your baby.
Always speak to a doctor before taking medication when pregnant or breastfeeding, including ones that can be purchased over-the-counter.
Anusol HC Ointment Boots
Whilst Anusol HC Ointment is available from other commercial stores like Anusol HC Ointment Boots, My Pharmacy offers a free online consultation as well as free shipping on orders over £40 with next delivery options also available. From My Pharmacy you can purchase products online without ever having to leave your home, making it much easier for people to get the products they need safely and promptly.
Unlike Anusol HC Ointment Boots, My Pharmacy has an expert team of pharmacy professionals available to help via email, online chat and telephone should you have any questions regarding your current prescription or product. Our team will also be able to advise on any alternative products should the one you’re looking for not be available. See our thousands of 5 Star Ratings on Trustpilot from real customers.
As an independent pharmacy, My Pharmacy is able to get the best prices for both generic and brand name products. When compared to other retailers such as Anusol HC Ointment Boots, My Pharmacy can be as much as 50% cheaper to buy the same products.