Abidec Multivitamin Drops
Abidec Multivitamin Drops are used to prevent vitamin deficiencies in babies and children up to 12 years old it contains seven essential vitamins that a child or baby needs to grow and keep healthy
9 in stock
Why do you need to give Abidec Multivitamin Drops
Abidec Multivitamin Drops are used to prevent vitamin deficiencies in babies and children up to 12 years old. It is not designed for adults.
How Abidec Multivitamin Drops Work
This medicine contains seven essential vitamins that a child or baby needs to grow and keep healthy
Before you give Abidec Multivitamin Drops
Do not use this medicine if:
- your child is allergic to peanut or soya, because abidec drops contain arachis oil (peanut oil)
- your child is having other vitamin supplements
- your baby is receiving more than 500mls of formula milk per day. This is to avoid exceeding the safe upper limit of Vitamin A
- your child is allergic to any of the ingredients
Always read the patient information leaflet before use
How to give Abidec Drops
- Give Abidec Drops as a daily dose using the syringe provided.
- For children under the age of 1 year: give 0.3ml (higher mark on syringe) on the back of the tongue.
- For children aged 1-12 years: give 0.6ml (lower mark on syringe) on the back of the tongue.
- These doses are used even if your child has liver or kidney problems.
- Wash and dry the syringe thoroughly after use (not in a steam steriliser).
- When completely dry, use the syringe to seal the bottle again.
Active substances: Each 0.6 ml dose contains: Retinol (as vitamin A Palmitate) 1333 IU, Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2) 400 IU, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) 0.4 mg, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.8 mg, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) 0.8 mg, Nicotinamide 8 mg and Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 40 mg. Other ingredients: Sodium hydroxide,sugar (sucrose), polysorbate 60, nitrogen (oxygen free), refined peanut oil (arachis oil) and water.
Abidec Multivitamin Drops contain peanut oil (arachis oil) which may cause an allergic reaction (such as
itching,swelling of the tongue, eyes, lips and hands).Do not use this product if you know or suspect your
child is allergic to peanuts or soya.
If your child feels ill after using Abidec Multivitamin Drops, or you notice any unusual or unexpected
symptoms,tell your doctor or go to the Accident and Emergency department of your nearest hospital.