Viscotears Single Dose Units 2mg/g (30)
- Active Ingredient: Carbomer
- Effectively lubricates your eyes
- Provides instant comfort for dry eye sensations
- Buy with confidence from UK registered pharmacy
Viscotears contains the active ingredient, carbomer (polyacrylic acid). Viscotears is used to make your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry.
What Is Viscotears Eye Gel And What Is It Used For
Viscotears contains the active ingredient, carbomer (polyacrylic acid). Viscotears is used to make your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry. It is one of a group of eye drops called ‘artificial tears’.
How To Use Viscotears Eye Gel
- Wash your hands
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the drops and do not replace for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove one SDU from the strip, shake the gel to the tip of the SDU and twist off the cap.
- Tilt your head backwards.
- Rest one hand on your cheek and gently pull down your lower lid.
- Look upwards.
- Gently squeeze the SDU to insert one drop in your eye.
- Blink a few times to spread the liquid gel evenly over your eye.
- Wipe away any excess gel from around the eyelids.
- Take another SDU and repeat for the other eye if required.
Before You Use Viscotears Eye Gel
Do not use Viscotears if you are allergic to carbomer or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. Only use Viscotears in your eye(s). If you have problems with your eyes apart from sore or dry eyes talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you start to use Viscotears. In the situation that you experience eye pain, vision changes, irritation of the eyes, persistent redness, or if the condition worsens or persists, discontinue use and consult your doctor. If you wear contact lenses, you should remove them before using Viscotears and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
Like all medicines, Viscotears can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them which include, but aren’t limited to:
- blurred vision
- eye discomfort
- eyelid crusting
- eye irritation
- increased tear production
- skin inflammation
Viscotears contains 2.0 mg/g of the active ingredient, carbomer (polyacrylic acid). The gel also contains the inactive ingredients sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and water.